Pretty in Pink

Thursday, May 25, 2006

"I love the recklessness of faith. First you leap, and then you grow your wings."


I think I am starting to realize the seriousness of the situation I have gotten myself into...

About a month ago, I resigned from my job. I'm not actually done until August... Both because I wanted to get the kids through their competitive summer season and because I can't really teach in the summer even if I wanted to. It is finally hitting me that I will have no source of income come August 6th. Holy cow! What was I thinking?!?

Well, I know what I WAS thinking. I was thinking that my job has made it very hard for me to keep my priorities where they need to be. I was thinking that I never intended to be a swim coach for the rest of my life. And I was thinking that I love teaching and I have missed being in a traditional classroom setting. That's what I WAS thinking. Now... I am not so sure...

This whole situation has taken such a huge leap of faith on my part. And I'd be lying if I said that I'm not a little scared and/or worried. But I keep reciting Bible verses in my head...

"Be not afraid nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." - Matthew 21:22

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." - Philippians 4:6

"We also pray that you will be strengthened with His glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need." - Colossians 1:11

So now I'm just trusting in God to bring me through this. I will keep praying, keep sending out resumes and job applications, keep trying to find a position somewhere. And I trust that God will provide for me, no matter what the outcome may be.

Today's Tidbit: My mother woke me up this morning... Kinda creepy to be sleeping in MY bedroom at MY house and wake up to random noises in the kitchen and then my mom telling me to get up and help her and my dad move furniture! Haha!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Thank you so much Cody! I really appreciate that! I can't wait until the next TEC so I can talk to you in person :) Haha!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That'll be 32 TECs after I went through... Or 8 years! So don't you tell me about being old :) Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home