Pretty in Pink

Friday, May 26, 2006

"You know... Sometimes when you cage the beast, the beast gets angry!"


My sister and her roommate, Andrea, came down to Rochester for this afternoon. I met up with them at Victoria's for lunch. It was a very good lunch, but then again, Victoria's is always good. Our waiter was very, and I do mean VERY, talkative.

After lunch we headed up to Chateau to see "X-Men: The Last Stand." Not typically my kind of movie, but I liked the first two, so I went along for the ride. I enjoyed it quite a lot actually. I do not, however, think that the film makers intended it to be a tear-jerker. But, alas, I cried on three separate occasions during the movie! I think it was three, maybe only two, but I think three. I sometimes think that I am way too emotional for my own good!

I worked this evening. My first group was only 14 kids. I had promised them we'd play a game today because they did so awesome on a difficult set last time. We played swimming Monopoly (I made the board myself). Then, we had about a 15 minute break and our second groups came in. Cali has been in KY for the weekend and John, Paul, and Steve are all up in Canada for the swim meet. That leaves just Matt and I to run workouts. Well, Matt had 11 kids in his late group. I only had 3! I couldn't believe it! So I worked with them on breaststroke for about 45 minutes and then we combined groups and whipped out the monopoly board once again. It was very easy, and pretty fun!

Today's Tidbit: All of the carpet in my basement was pulled up today. I now get to look at cement and wood for the next month... Or as long as it takes for my dad to figure out the plumbing for the new bathroom...

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

[Inhales] I love the smell of old cement in the morning....and afternoon....and night....

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

that used to be my rooms smell.. once upon a time i lived in my basement. lets just say i got very very very sick last summer, and got mold poisoning.. yay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home