Pretty in Pink

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

So over the weekend, Beth and I decided to rent a few movies. We were bored with our movie selection and figured, "What the heck?"

Inside Man
- This was a pretty good movie. I never pick the action movies myself, but for some reason, I always like the ones Beth picks for me to watch. I enjoyed it, although I didn't feel like there was much closure. Beth completely disagrees with me. I would recommend it, especially if you are a Denzel Washington fan.

V for Vendetta
- Nate has been bugging me to watch this movie FOREVER! When Beth and I went to Hollywood, I knew I should bite the bullet and just rent it. I'm really glad I did. Beth, our dad, and I bonded over it while we waited for my mom to bring Matt home from the airport. You really have to think and I probably should watch it again to make sure I got it all. When the movie ended, my dad asked if there was a book he could read so that it made more sense. And the answer is, try the graphic novel.

Little Miss Sunshine
- Okay, so Beth and I picked this one because of the buzz it's had for awards. It was up for several Golden Globes and it could be a dark horse for some Oscars. Although, it is not a front runner by any stretch. I LOVED this movie! I went right to Target to try and buy it, but they didn't have it. The horrors! Anyway, it's a great movie with a positive theme of family, love, and inspiring each other to not be "losers." Anyway, I would seriously recommend that everyone see this one!

Today's Tidbit: We went to return the movies tonight and rented three more. "The Piano", "Prime", and "The Producers". Apparently, we have a thing for P movies.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

Remember remember the fifth of November, the gun powder treason and plot, i know of no reason the Gun power treason should ever of been forgotten

 

Post a Comment

<< Home