Pretty in Pink

Monday, January 08, 2007

Uno!

I have been subbing for a teacher I know for the past three school days. I work with small groups of students, the most I have is three at a time. When the kids get all their work completed, they have a chance to play some different games. I have one student who is with me for 2 hours every day. He finished early every day and his favorite game is Uno. Let's just say that I've played enough Uno to last me quite some time.

As we played, I found that he plays with some rules I have never used. Of course, it could be me. Maybe they are very common Uno rules and I just don't know it.

- If someone puts down a Draw Two or Draw Four Wild Card, you draw your cards and that takes your turn away, you do not get to lay a card down.
- If you forget to yell "Uno!" when you're down to one card, you have to draw 7 cards.
- If you play a Reverse card, it only reverses it back one person, then goes back the way it was going to begin with. (Huh?)

Today's Tidbit: Sometimes I really hate being a nice person :P

7 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

I play with rule 1...draw and no turn. If you forget to yell Uno, isn't it two cards? And the reverse thing is just crazy!

One new rule I learned that makes it interesting. building on draw cards. So someone lays a draw two, and you have to draw...UNLESS you have a draw two card, now you've forced the person next to you to draw four...and so on and so forth.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You know, I have played with that rule before! I should have stuck that one on him, oh he would have hated me! Ha!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I was going to say something funny, witty, and cool, but...nothing came to mind. So I'll just offer this.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I'm the same way as Tim....and that's also how it works on MSN Uno (except I can't remember if the forgetting "Uno" is 2 cards or what)....

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Yes, rule #1 is correct. Rule #2 is correct, but it is 4 cards. Rule #3...I think he was playin' ya!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ben said...

ECHO...ECHo...ECho...Echo...echo...ech...ec...e...

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha, nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home