Pretty in Pink

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Movies

Since I feel that Tim just did not do some movies justice (by leaving them off his list), here is my Top 10 Best Christmas Movies! I love getting out the good ol' VHS tapes and watching them this time of year. Beth and I also have our Moxie set to record several of them when they air in the next 10 days. Merry Christmas to you all!

Honorable Mention: A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) and Christmas Vacation (1989)

10 - Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
9 - Frosty the Snowman (1969)
8 - The Santa Clause (1994)
7 - Home Alone (1990)
6 - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
5 - Love Actually (2003)
4 - Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
3 - The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
2 - A Christmas Story (1983)
1 - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)

Today's Tidbit: Christmas is only 10 days away! Woot woot!

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I still feel that Chronicles of Narnia is a questionable call.. and you need to show more respect to Charlie Brown! He is amazing. He also holds the best halloween movie of all-time! And who doesnt love Chevy Chase? :)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I think it has a Christmas theme, and it came out at Christmas time, and I just like it. So there :)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

Ahh...fatal mistake, Janet. You can't simply insist upon your opinions. I clearly labeled my post as "My favorite Christmas movies" which means I don't have to cave to anyone else's desires. You, however, posted the "BEST Christmas Movies" which means you must factor in the approval of your readers. Thank you for not putting it's a wonderful life...just because it has a happy ending, everyone forgets that they just spent an hour being depressed and sad...what a terrible movie!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha. Touche! And you're welcome on the "It's a Wonderful Life" thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home