Pretty in Pink

Sunday, November 26, 2006

"Facing the Giants"

So I have to give kudos to Nate because he had me watch a trailer for the movie "Facing the Giants" last week. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to see the movie. I immediately looked for show times and discovered that it was only showing at two theaters in the entire state of Minnesota. I figured that Lakeville was closer than Mankato, so I texted Sarah to see if she was interested in going with me.

Sarah and I met up in Lakeville on Saturday morning. We had brunch at Perkins and then hit up the movie theater. I am definitely adding "Facing the Giants" to my all-time favorite movies list. If you know me, you know that I'm a sucker for sports movies. This one ranks up there with "Miracle" for the best sports movie I've seen. It definitely beats out "Remember the Titans," which had been my favorite football movie to date.

The movie has so many themes. But the basic one is this... Absolutely nothing is impossible with God! The movie was incredible. I truly cannot say enough about it, or tell you enough times that you should definitely see it! Talk about a spiritually motivating movie with a great message. There are definitely points where you can tell that it was a low-budget film. But it just doesn't even matter. It's an inspiring movie that I would see again and again. I'm pretty sure that I cried through 3/4 of the movie. I am so glad that Sarah and I went.

It's been in theaters since September, so I don't know how much longer it will be out. If you live near Mankato or Lakeville, I'd try to go and see it. Of course, I don't know how much longer it will be showing, but definitely check it out. As soon as the movie is released on DVD, I'll try and get a group of people together to watch it. It is really worth seeing!

Today's Tidbit: I got all of my Christmas decorations put up this weekend. I love how festive my house feels now!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

Kudos taken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home