Pretty in Pink

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Once Upon on Mattress Top 10

Oh my wow! I had the BEST time tonight. Blue Earth Area High School's "Once Upon a Mattress" is going to take the prize for best musical. Okay, so the musical itself probably wasn't my all-time favorite or anything. But Aaron Bauer made the show! Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. My stomach still hurts, even now that it's 3 hours after the show.

Shayla & Mariah - Thanks for being 2nd Row Loud Fans with me! I love you both dearly!

10 - The guys' costumes. Oh, how I love tights!
9 - The Jester's shoes... Picture red elf shoes with bells!
8 - Princess Fred's footie pajamas!
7 - The Spanish Panic
6 - All of the lovely TEC folk I got to see!
5 - The knights that jumped into the moat with inter tubes!
4 - Laura's appearance for the spelling test :)
3 - Aaron's "surprise" for Mariah... AKA The Pink Flamingo!
2 - Loud Fans in Row 2!
1 - AARON BAUER!!!

Honorable Mention: Jazz Squares, Shayla's confusion, & "Libertine"

As you can all plainly see, the one and only Aaron Bauer got the top honor on my Top 10. Well, we just don't think that's enough. It just doesn't do justice to the AMAZING job that he did as King Sextimus. So here is a Top 10 solely devoted to him. Thanks mucho to Shayla and Mariah for their help with it!

10 - Any of Aaron's gestures that I don't mention by name
9 - Aaron's lines at the end of the play. Great job projecting!
8 - Aaron chasing the girls around the castle
7 - Aaron's "Man to Man Talk" with his son, Prince Dauntless
6 - Aaron's wig, complete with receding hairline
5 - Aaron miming about Lady Larkin's impending pregnancy
4 - Aaron in tights!
3 - Aaron shaking his hips for the Spanish Panic, etc.
2 - "I don't want you groping around the palace all night!"
1 - Aaron laughing at his biggest fans during the performance!

Today's Tidbit: This weekend, I will put about 800 miles on my car and spend approximately 13 hours driving. It looks something like this - Rochester to Owatonna to Rochester to Minneapolis to Blue Earth to Rochester to Minneapolis to Owatonna to Rochester to Minneapolis to Rochester.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

As I said....I love you folks....

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

Janet! I finally figured out how to log into this again! Woot! But I love the top 10s. Quite fabulous. This musical experince with youhas been a blast haha =) I can't wait until tonight! Sadly it will be the last in our streak. But pictures will be uploadedo n to here hopefully Sunday afternoon, after I get off of work =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home