Pretty in Pink

Monday, December 04, 2006

Will Beth swear off french silk pie now?

I really have nothing important to blog about... So here's something for you all to chew on.

Question: How does moldy pie taste?

Beth learned this the hard way last night. She coached at a swim meet in Northfield all day. Being the nice sister that I am, I drove up and picked her up when she was done. We headed over to our favorite restaurant in town, Rueb 'N Steins. We used to frequent this place often when Beth was an Ole.

Anyway, that's not exactly the point. We both ordered burgers and enjoyed our dinner. The time came to order desert. I ordered a hot fudge brownie sundae and Beth ordered french silk pie. She has had the pie there several times, and I think she likes it quite well. We started eating our desert and kept on talking. She was probably 3/4 of her way done and I saw her start spitting it out. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. She said it didn't taste right.

That was when we noticed the big, green, fuzzy spot! Sick! Yep, that's right. Nice and moldy for you! Thank goodness the waitress did the right thing and didn't make us pay for the pie. Oh gosh, it was nasty! I'm still laughing about it.

We had to call Mom and find out how much mold you'd have to eat to get sick. She assured us that Beth would live. Again, thank goodness! So there you have it... The moldy pie story.

Answer: Not very good!


Today's Tidbit: For some reason, all of my second graders wanted to draw pictures of me today. There was great debate over whether my hair is black or brown. They also insisted that I am not a REAL teacher. Ouch! So my question is, what am I exactly?

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Oh, that crazy Beth....maybe she should blame the cops for this one....

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Darn it, she could have shanked the waitress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home