Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Office

Well, I did it. I finally caved in to the whining of Beth, Nate, and Matt. I watched the first season of "The Office" last night with Beth. Since there aren't a lot of shows still running new episodes, our Moxie is completely empty. I know, it's very sad. It was still pretty early, I think 10:30 or something, so we decided to watch something. Our first thought was a movie, but I didn't know how long I'd be awake for, so I wanted something shorter. We decided on a TV show on DVD. Beth suggested "The Office" because I was in the mood for a comedy. I decided that it was time to take the leap.

Pretty sure I was hooked within mere minutes. That show is hysterical! So we watched all 6 first season episodes. I am hoping to start the second season later on today! Woot woot!

So here's the name of the game... I will say a quote from the first season. You tell me who said it. It's pretty easy, but that's okay. This first one is for Nate because he says it's his favorite "The Office" quote of all-time.

1) "Abraham Lincoln once said that 'If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North' and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace."


2) "Okay, if I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally untrue, that I do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver."
"Aw man, am I a woman?"

3) "Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."


4) "Studies show that more information is passed through watercooler gossip than through official memos, which puts me at a disadvantage because [picks up water bottle] I bring my own water to work."


5) "One word, two syllables... Demarcation."


6) "So what colors
do you like?"
"Gray, dark gray, charcoal."


7) "Um Pam, one more thing. Um, how do girls your age feel about futons?"

Have fun with that one kids!

Today's Tidbit: As many of you know, I was a nanny for 6 kids last year. They wanted me to keep doing it this year, but I couldn't because of subbing. Well the mom had to leave town today to go be with her mom up in Canada. They asked if I could help out with the driving. For the next three days I won't be subbing at all. Instead, I'll be playing "mom" again. You should see the driving schedule. It's completely insane! But that's okay. I'm excited because I haven't seen the kids in a while. Good times are about to be had by all!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

So i hate to say it.. but a couple of those stumped me!

1.) Micheal Scott
2.) Pam and Dwight K. Schrute
3.) Jim Halpert
4.) Dwight K. Schrute
5.) Micheal Scott?
6.) ???
7.) Dwight K. Schrute

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Greg said...

So I procured "The Office" last night and watched the first episode. I thought I'd like it. But it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Maybe it'll get better. I'll try it again. Maybe I'm too old. :(

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Now that's just sad. Although, I should admit that the first episode I ever saw did not impress me either. I thought Beth was crazy for liking it and I didn't watch it again. However, now I love it. So maybe it just takes an episode or two to get into it.

I think my favorite episodes so far are Diversity Day and Office Olympics!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Janet said...

And the answers are...

1) Michael
2) Pam and Dwight
3) Jim
4) Dwight
5) Dwight
6) The Purse Girl (Katy) and Angela
7) Michael

Not too bad, Nate... You got the first four right :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home