Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Can you hear me now?


Okay, so I'd like some input here... I am looking at getting a new cell phone, possibly even switching carriers all together. Here is what I'd like to know from all of you...


#1 - Who is your service provider?
#2 - Are you satisfied with your coverage and plan?
#3 - Do you get good reception in rural areas?
#4 - What kind of phone do you have and are you happy with that?
#5 - Is there any other information you can tell me regarding cell phones?

I have Sprint right now and have been pretty happy with it. My only concern is that I don't get the best coverage in rural Minnesota. If I end up subbing, I'd like to know my phone will work in the smaller communities around here.

I am looking into getting a family/shared plan with my sister for sure. We might also be adding a third phone, but that's up to my friend. The one that looks the best to me right now is Cingular, but I'd like to gather some more information before I make any decisions! Thanks much!

Today's Tidbit: I have sent 703 text messages in the last week... I think I have a problem!

9 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger j said...

OMG - 703????

1. Verizon
2. Very
3. Very - that's why I got it; it was better than anyone else available.
4. Motorola - not really, it's a lot bigger than my last one.
5. They help you call people.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Go with Midwest Wireless here in Southern Minnesota. They've got the best coverage of anybody else, including rural areas. They have some good plans and we do the shared family plan and it works pretty good. Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and Cingular all will have issues in the rural areas. I've been with Midwest Wireless for about 10 years and have never had a bit of problems.

I have a Nokia 6355 (I think). The flip camera phone. I'm pretty pleased with it.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

cell phone dork here...
I'm with Cingular, yes I'm extremely happy. Coverage is quite good, even in rurals. I used to be with Verizon..also great. Switched for no other reason than they have crappy phones (read: uber-loyal Nokia guy) and I like changing it up once in awhile. However, I must agree with Greg. If you want hardcore service in every rural area imaginable, Midwest Wireless is the winner. It was like kicking a puppy when I had to switch from them (no local service to the twin cities). It just broke my heart, but it had to be done.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I agree with Greg.. Midwest Wireless is amazing in Southern Minnesota.. and let me quick check how many i have sent.. well. interesting.. Since May 29th i have sent 1001 text messages.. i believe i have the problem

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

bauer - while I understand that Midwest Wireless has always considered the twin cities a "home area" I cannot get a local number here...that can be important you know...when you live someplace. :o)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I was trying to get a Guam number when I signed up, but they wouldn't let me. I wanted it because whenever people steal your phone, they always want to call Guam, so it'd be a local call that way. But alas, no. I couldn't do it.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

1 - Midwest Wireless
2 - Yes indeedy
3 - Usually
4 - Nokia....I hate it because the keys are crappy....otherwise it's good
5 - They are very useful....and Laura doesn't have one because her parents are Amish....

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home