Pretty in Pink

Friday, February 02, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

Well, check another movie off my list to see before February 25th. Tonight, Beth and I headed over to Cinemagic to see Pan's Labyrinth. Apparently, it got on the list because it's nominated for Original Screenplay. It is also up for Foreign Language Film, but we aren't going to see any of the other movies in that category.

This movie was by far the best one we saw this week! It blew Notes on a Scandal and Blood Diamond out of the water. For once, I didn't get bored in the middle. There were definitely a few scenes that I could have done without (i.e. a guy getting spiked to death or the captain giving himself stitches), but it was worth it.

I was captivated and intrigued by the story. There was even one scene when I was squeezing Beth's hand because of the intensity. I would highly recommend seeing this movie. After the first few minutes, I completely forgot that I was reading subtitles. Please don't make the mistake that the parents in Mexico made though, this is not a movie for small children! Hence, why it's rated R.

Today's Tidbit: My dad has had me working all day on a logo for his winery. Clearly, this is why I'm not a graphic designer!

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Ah yes, another movie I had wanted to see. Makes me want to go join NetFlix. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home