Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We're taking a poll

Okay, so Beth and I are taking a poll. We want to know which of these two words is cooler to use. The words are: trifle and becoming. But you can't just vote based on the words, you have to know the context they were used in.

Choice #1: "That's a trifle odd."

Choice #2: "Howie, that's not very becoming."


Okay, so we're ready to hear what you have to say :)


Today's Tidbit: My dog seriously destroys every toy we give him. Today, we are finding little pieces of clown and pig all over the floor!

9 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Trifle strikes me as more of a feminine word, so I wouldn't often use it. But it's also not often used, which I like.

Becoming is more common. You hear it from time to time.

Since I like to use uncommon words like quandry and plethora, I'd have to vote for trifle.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

becoming.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

Trifle.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Plethora and quandry are two of my favorite words to throw into use. Anywho, I'll be voting for trifle. It both sounds a little cooler, and trifle is also a type of dessert, so that gains it some bonus points.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Matt Knutson said...

My vote goes to fresh.

Oh wait. I choose becoming because when I think of trifle I think of food.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Becoming....because trifle sounds odd in the context given....

My favorite word these days is "eleemosynary"....great word....

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Given the context, the award goes to "becoming", hands down. That sentence was wonderful. And yes, Cooper, the moment I saw Greg mention "plethora", I thought of you. It's amazing how many sentences that word makes its way into in your company! :-)

Eleemosynary? Seriously had to look that one up. I think you put that in the dictionary just to have something to comment about. :-)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Eleemosynary was the title of one of the One-Act plays in our sub-section....it was odd....

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh my gosh, Tim read my blog! I feel so honored :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home