Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"Beauty and the Beast": A (New) Top 10

So I was lucky enough to get to go see Century High School's production of "Beauty and the Beast" two times in the past week. I went last Wednesday with Beth and last night with Sarah, Ashleigh, and Beth. Congratulations to all of the cast, crew, pit orchestra, and production team! It was amazing!

I have seen a lot of high school musicals in my time. I mean, come on, I went to how many this year alone? This goes to the top of my list! It was incredible. The vocal talent at Century is unbelievable. I was so impressed. Honestly, I can't say enough about how good it was. I wish I could see it again :)

I went to the first ever musical that the Panther Playhouse put on ("Little Shop of Horrors" which we did at Kellogg because we didn't have an auditorium yet at CHS) and I went every year until my sophomore year in college. This is the first time I've been back and I realize how much I've missed it. I am so thankful that I started subbing for the choirs at Century because it motivated me to get back into going. Laura can attest to how much I was freaking out before the first day I subbed there. I had never subbed anywhere before and I was terrified to do high school choir. The subbing job was only for the morning so Laura made me accept the job. Talk about the best decision of the year! It is my all-time favorite place to sub! I hope to go back some more this spring. And I definitely can't wait for Big 9. I'm going to listen to all of the choirs all day long! Woot woot :)


Okay, I got way off track on that one... As is tradition, here is my Top 10 from Century's version of "Beauty and the Beast." (If you want to see my Top 10 from New Ulm's version of it, go back a few notes...) I'm combining both nights that I went to... Enjoy!

10 - Meeting Mrs. Maragos :) Good to finally meet the teacher I have been subbing for. Thanks to Lucy for that one!
9 - The random hand appearing in the library... What the heck?

8 - Beth and I counting how many times the Beast picks Belle up when they dance :)

7 - The enchanted objects skipping around the stage to bring on props

6 - Attempting to figure out what the heck that gold thing was!
\
5 - Lefou! Freaking hilarious!

4 - "Me"... It's the best song EVER!

3 - Seeing the kids I sub for in the show (or in the pit), they all did a fantastic job!

2 - The bartender - AMAZINGLY FUNNY!

1 - The incredible vocal talent! I seriously can't say it enough!

Today's Tidbit: The competition between CHS and OHS is on baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home