Pretty in Pink

Monday, July 24, 2006

TEC 64 - AMAZING!

Oh my goodness! I don’t even know where to start with TEC 64. It was amazing! When I was standing with all the ATLs talking on Saturday night, I realized that this was my 10th TEC. The thing is, they’re all incredible. They may all be different, but they’re always very moving weekends. I can honestly say that God has revealed something new to me at every single TEC weekend, and they just keep getting better.

I don’t even know if I can summarize the weekend, it was just awesome. I am always amazed at how much the kids rejuvenate me. They are so on fire for Christ and it just makes my passion grow stronger and stronger. Friday was exhausting. I think both Kaidra and I were completely drained, but it was so worth it. Saturday and Sunday were amazing (ok, I’m running out of adjectives!)

I really connected with Kaidra, which was such an answered prayer! I loved getting to know her and being blessed to have her at my table. It was also so much fun to be in the conference room with Greg, Bob, and Jennie. I had so much fun laughing with them. It was also good to have their support throughout the weekend. Oh man, it was just so great! And of course, being there with my best friend is the best! Oh wow did I ever love this weekend! It is so clear to me that I was supposed to be there, supposed to be in that conference room. I learned so much and I’m so glad that I was able to have that experience.

My Highlights from the weekend (in no particular order):
* Jennie’s blog
* Sister Act (Oh man, I had so much fun! It is so unlike me to do something like that, but I’m so glad I did!)
* Hiding out on the 4th floor with Laura
* Affirmations with my table on Sunday
* All the laughing fits
* Singing “Children Go Where I Send Thee” and having our “favorite music rectora” in our group… That’s right, we raised our hands first!
* Perkins, of course! Yeah for being the only adult there :)
* Talking in code with Nate & Laura at Perkins… And confusing Amanda in the process!
* The ATLs!!! Oh goodness, they were so amazing! I feel so privileged to have worked with them!
* All of the classic songs the Music Team picked for us to sing to Kitchen. Yo mama?
* “You’re THE Janet?!?” Wow, thanks Bauer, Mariah, Kimmy, & Tommy!
* Making it through both team meetings with NO TEARS! Wow, that’s impressive!
* Hanging out with Emmalee and Kaidra, but not knowing them. I loved being in the conference room with these two amazing girls!
* The conference room. It was simply amazing! Enough said!
* The Glowing Eyeballs of Pizza the Hut… Enough said…
* My “parent” letter :) Thanks Laura!

--- And of course ---
* Watching God in that church, fill everyone with the Holy Spirit, and change people’s hearts! Praise Him!

Today's Tidbit: Number of times I cried over the weekend. Oh yeah right, like I actually kept track of that!

7 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

haha.. i love the fact that Jennie gave in and now is the proud owner of a blog.. Janet i love you so much and it was nice to work with you again..a nd come on, how was the Leg Waxing not your favorite event :)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Janet said...

It was entertaining, I'll admit it :)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I was wondering if Joey and Kyle would ask if you were "the" Janet. But yes, I love you and I'm sorry for not hugging you before Sunday. I just figured it wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do in the conference room.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I'm sorry for not hugging you before Sunday. I just figured it wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do in the conference room.

Yet another reason why I like you, Aaron. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha, he is a smart kid :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger j said...

Oh for shame. I'm inappropraite. I hugged him in the conference room.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

Ahh man, 2 things:

1. I also lost track of how many times I cried/got tears in my eyes this weekend, but trust me, it was a lot haha.
2. I wondered why I didn't get a hug from Aaron until Saturday night, lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home