Pretty in Pink

Monday, June 26, 2006

Back by popular demand


Okay, so I have been asked to tell you all some wonderful stories about why my siblings need me for common sense! As we have been brainstorming, there are definitely more stories about my lovely sister, Beth. So here you go...

Oh yeah, by the way... Only 11 of the following 12 stories are true. Try and guess which one Beth didn't actually do!

*Disclaimer*
Beth really is a smart girl. She got a 32 on her ACT, 1500 on her SAT, and graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Olaf this past spring. She just lacks common sense on occasion :)

#12 - When we were younger, Beth got really mad at me and threw the TV remote at my head. She started screaming bloody-murder because she thought she had cracked my head open and that I was bleeding. Well, it turns out that what she thought was blood, was actually just the red headband that I was wearing.

#11 - Only about a month after we moved into our new house, Beth got locked out. She hadn't met any of our neighbors and she didn't know what to do. She was scared and it was nighttime. She decided that the smartest thing to do would be to walk to our closest neighbor (about a half a mile) and use their phone. Instead of taking one of our dogs with her, she decided the best thing to do would be to take our cat to protect her. Yeah, good call, Beth! Apparently, she thought she could throw him if someone tried to attack her.

#10 - Shortly after Beth got her driver's license she came to pick me up at the pool. We were about to pull out of the parking lot when she asked, "Oh, how do we get to school?" Wow, Beth! That's just sad...

#9 - At a swim meet just this past winter, Beth and Cali got in the car to leave. While they had been inside, someone had put flyers on all the car windshields. Cali asked Beth to please grab it off the windshield. Well, Beth tried to grab it and hit the windshield. She then realized that it was OUTSIDE the window, not inside.

#8 - Beth was trying to bake a cake for my dad. She read the recipe and it called for confectioners sugar. Beth had no clue what that was, so she just used regular sugar. The cake was awful, but good old Dad ate it anyway. (*Note: If anyone doesn't know... She should have used powdered sugar!)

#7 - Back when I was in high school, I had gone golfing with Greg, Tim, and Breanna. After golf, we all went back to my house to grill for dinner. My brother had a go-cart, so we thought it'd be fun to take a ride. Well, Greg, Breanna, and I went in to cook while Beth and Tim went for a drive. I don't exactly know what happened (because I wasn't actually on the go-cart). But the story goes something like... Tim pointed and asked what was "down there." Beth said it was a trail. And they ended up driving into a ravine!

#6 - Our family went on a trip to Washington DC. I'd guess that Beth was around 7 or 8 years old. We were all getting ready to head out for the day and Beth said that she couldn't find her sock. We tore our entire hotel room apart searching for her sock. We couldn't find it anywhere, so finally my mom told her to just take her one sock off and grab a new pair. When she took the sock off, what do you suppose happened? Yep, she found the other sock! She had put both of them on the same foot!

#5 - After a swim meet, Beth and another coach were driving home. They had taken my car for the day (A 95 Chevy Lumina). They were hungry so they decided to pull into McDonald's and get some food. They got behind a Chevy Lumina in the drive through and Beth said, "Hey, it's a Chevy Lumina. My sister drives one of those." And the other coach's response... "Yeah, we're in it!"

#4 - When Beth was in high school, she was making a Spanish video. In the video, she needed to sneeze. So she got the genius idea to sniff a little pepper to help her along. Unfortunately, she inhaled too deeply and snorted a massive quantity of pepper. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming, and crying, and laughing while she tried to get it out.

#3 - When I was in college, Beth was suppose to come up to visit me. My parents had given her directions and I told her to call when she got close. Well, about two hours after she had left Rochester, I got a call. I could tell she was crying. I asked her where she was and she answered, "I'm in Wyoming." I was so confused because I knew she couldn't have made it all the way to Wyoming in such short a time. It turned out that she had missed her exit and had stayed on I35. She was in Wyoming, MN. It took her about 8 hours to get to Moorhead, which is almost twice as long as it should take you.

#2 - One day, Beth was getting ready to make a sandwich. We were all out of bread, so she got a loaf out of the freezer. Mom told her just to throw "it" in the microwave to defrost it. Well, instead of putting a few slices in, Beth threw in the entire loaf (twist-tie and all). In only a matter of seconds, we had a full-out fire in the microwave! She screamed at me to go get mom and dad. By the time my mom came in, the whole loaf was burned to a crisp!

#1 - One warm spring day on the beautiful campus at St. Olaf, Beth was walking home from lunch with her roommate, Andrea. Beth turned to Andrea and asked if she knew why there was toothpaste on their window.
Andrea said, "No."
Beth continued, "Because this morning I woke up and I went to open the window and I saw a big smudge on it. So I tasted it and it was toothpaste."
Andrea looked bewildered, "Wait a second. Go back. You saw a smudge and you didn't know what it was, so you TASTED it?!?"

That's all I can think of right now... Beth, Matt, and I are all in tears from laughing. I hope you enjoy! I'll let y'all know if I come up with any other good stories!

18 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you made up number 8. That one was really you bro. ;)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger uncle tim said...

well played, Janet, but you made up #7...that clearly never happened.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha Tim, you're so clever! So far, you are both wrong! She actually did #7 and #8.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go with #4. Thanks, I got some really good laughs and Ryan wondered what was going on.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I wish I knew your sister now. These were hilarious, but I'm sure they would be better if I knew her.

My guess? It's a toss-up between 10 and 6....

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Janet said...

4, 10, and 6 are all ones she actually did! Haha :) I have the brightest sister ever, don't I?

Do you give up yet?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger uncle tim said...

it's gotta be number 1...that's the only one you weren't there for. I contend it's untrue.

you sit on a throne of lies.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Greg said...

I guess I was wrong about number 6, so I'll go with Tim and say number 1.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Still wrong! Number one is my all-time favorite Beth story! We were actually all laughing about it at the pool this morning with all of the coaches! You still have six more to choose from :)

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 2

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 3

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 5

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 9

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 11

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I think it's number 12

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muahahahaha. She told me which one it is. Greg guessed right!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Wow, nice Greg... It is #2! She did not start the microwave on fire... But sadly, someone did...

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

WOOHOO!! I knew I was right! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home