Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

To the top of Mount Wanna-Hock-A-Loogie


It’s Tuesday night… You know what that means! Okay, maybe not so much. It means it was YDKMP movie night! Every summer, when all of our friends are home, we pick one night a meet and go to see a movie. We send e-mails back and forth, decide what we’re going to see, pick a time, and then whoever wants to go, can meet at Chateau.

This week, we decided to see Cars, the new Pixar movie. The only people back in town this summer are Jeff, Missy, Beth, and me. The four of us, plus Jeff’s sister met up at 7:40 and got ready for what was sure to be a great flick!

I have never been disappointed with a Pixar movie. It seems like I always see the previews, think it looks stupid, see it anyway, and end up loving it! I love everything from the shorts at the beginning to the end credits. And by the way, these were the best end credits yet! It was awesome!

I loved the movie! I cried, of course. The songs were great; they actually had a real soundtrack for this movie. A lot of it was country music, which I, of course, love! Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Sheryl Crow, etc.

After the movie, we were all talking about our favorite Pixar movies and what order we would put all of them in. So, here you go. Here is my order! Of course, It has been a while since I’ve seen some of them. Beth and I are going to have a Pixar marathon soon. This could change after that, but for now… Here you go!

1 – Finding Nemo (2003)
I saw this like 15 times in theaters. Nothing will ever compare, or at least, I don’t think so. Mel, Karrie, Beth, and I have matching shirts filled with quotes from this movie. I even named my two cats Dory & Nigel!

2 – The Incredibles (2004)
In my mind, this is probably the funniest Pixar movie. I love all of the poking fun at other superhero/James Bond-ish movies!

3 – Cars (2006)
I liked the moral of this one. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with the characters. I was even reminded to slow down and enjoy life!

4 – Monster’s Inc. (2001)
I love Boo! Enough said!

5 – Toy Story (1995)
I love Pixar’s first feature-length film. This movie had a great sense of humor about it! We’re still quoting the movie today… “To infinity and beyond!”

6 & 7 – A Bug’s Life (1998) and Toy Story 2 (1999)
It’s hard to pick which Pixar movie is my “least favorite” because they are all so good! These two just don’t really stick out in my memories of Pixar movies…


Today's Tidbit: Can anyone name all of the characters that John Ratzenberger has voiced?!? No cheating! If you look it up on IMDB, I am so not impressed :)

8 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

John Ratzenberg? What? I have no clue who he voiced, so i will take a shot out of the dark and say he voiced a car. Well hey, im not a big Pixar fan, sorry. Sure, i like Toy Story. But that is probably it. Disney cartoons these days aren't my thing. Sorry. Go back to the days of Bambi.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Ouch!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I know he was Hamm, the piggy bank, in Toy Story. Also, wasn't he on that one show about a bar in Boston or somewhere. Cheerio, or something like that?

(Just kidding)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Well you figured out one character, only A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Cars to go!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like that John guy has some contract with Pixar. Or else he is the president, or is married to the president, or just can't get another job.

I would have to say Nemo is number one. It all goes downhill from there. I forgot about A Bugs Life, I don't remember if it was funny or not. Perhaps it was.

Stay fresh.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

I think you've got to put Toy Story at the top...I mean they really did it right the first time...
They're all pretty great, and I watch Incredibles and Nemo all the time.

As for the John Ratzenberg question, it's haunting me. I want so badly to google it and find out, but I want to guess as well. I can hear him talking in every movie.
WAIT! Nemo, wasn't he the voice out of the school of fish when they asked for directions to the EAC?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

HA...remember when they were looking on the TV in Toy Story 2?

Hamm... "It's too late! Gotta go around the horn!" I say that all the time when I'm channel surfing and Karen sees something she wants to watch.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Okay, here y'all go on the John Ratzenberger characters... You did a pretty good job :)

Toy Story - Hamm (Good job Greg!)
A Bug's Life - P.T. Flea
Toy Story 2 - Hamm, the piggy bank
Monster's Inc. - Yeti
Finding Nemo - The school of fish (Yeah Tim!)
The Incredibles - The Underminer
Cars - Mack

I just love listening for his voice when I see a new Pixar movie for the first time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home