Pretty in Pink

Monday, June 12, 2006

My life... In a walnut shell?


Well, I totally slacked off over the weekend, my apologies! I am not sure that I have too much to report on my end... Our summer work schedule officially started today. It was beautiful out this morning at the pool! Although, I clearly missed some spots with the sunscreen and now I have really funny sunburns. Oh well!

Laura left this morning... She called last night to say good-bye. It was hard, but at the same time, I am so excited for her! I mean, seriously, I just keep thinking about all of the people she is going to share the love of Jesus with! It's so amazing! I will be praying hard-core this month for her and for the trip, so you all should do the same!

Let's see... What else... My cousin, Angie, is pregnant! I'm way excited for her! She's having a little girl and they are planning on naming her Elizabeth. She's due on September 2nd, so hopefully I will get to see the baby when we go up to see Matt sometime this fall.

Tomorrow... You will get to hear the saga of my basement construction! I'm sure you'll all be waiting anxiously for that!

Today's Tidbit: My dad actually encouraged me to apply for a job at Hobby Lobby today... Interesting...

18 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

laura left without saying goodbye to me.. meanie

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm sorry... You weren't online when she was! You can e-mail her... She can't respond, but you can e-mail her :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... What's the Hobby Lobby... ?

And at least you crazy kids can email her. Stupid spelling skills...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger j said...

Janet, you'll appreciate this.

At the leadership meeting Sunday, we were talking about how the tables spell Jesus throughout the weekend and how many of us didn't realize that until after working many TECs. Anyway, Laura commented that it took her for TECs to realize it and I asked, "But do you know how to spell Jesus?" It was very funny, but not entirely edifying.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha! What will we do without her spelling to make fun of while she's gone...

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Greg said...

We'll just have to make fun of Jodi's grammar instead. It's "four" TECs deary. :)

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well who are you to comment on my grammar, Greg? I find that rude. I don't know if I can work a music team with you. Or any other team for that matter. I quit!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Yeah, well, good. See if I care. I don't. See? You saw. I don't.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Neither do I. Big jerk.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Jerk? JERK?!? Well, if you think I'm a jerk than--than-- OK, I'm sorry. Will you ever forgive me?

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I forgive you. You're my friend again. BFF!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Sweet! Gnarly, dude!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Is Laura back yet? This is fun, but I can't do this for a month.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Laura called today, but I missed it! I was at the pool! Stupid work :( Anyway, keep praying folks! Only 25 more days till she comes home :P

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger j said...

By the way Greg - you used their instead of there in your post. Let's not throw rocks in glass houses.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

we can make fun of laura's poor spelling though.. lets just go back through all of her TEC forum posts, and all of her myspace blogs.. we will have enough spelling errors to laugh at until Rapture!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Oh my goodness, you're right. I'm almost ashamed of that. It drives me crazy when people do that. My bad.

BTW, Jodi, did you like our fake argument? Did I do your part correctly? If not, I'll try harder next time to get that Bob feeling in your posts. :)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

I could almost see the teapot pose coming from Bob during your argument. Nicely done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home