Pretty in Pink

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Do you want to tussle?


Okay, so I have spent the last 11 hours of my life at the Rec. Center for a swim meet. I do not think that my feet, my knees, and my back have ever hurt this much. I must be getting old ;)

We had some interesting developments today...

#1 - One of our 11 year-old boys asked Cali if she wanted to "tussle." He said that he knew he could totally take her! Her response... "Kid, I've been through child birth!"

#2 - One of my 10 year-old girls won her 50 breaststroke. After she won, she started to cry because she was so happy. This, of course, made me start to cry. Cali's comment on that one, "Janet sees a dog crying, she cries. Janet sees a cat crying, she cries. Dude, Janet cries at commercials!" Okay, so the first two have NEVER happened... But I sadly have to admit to the third one.

#3 - Nancy knew that we were hot on deck, so she made us cookie ice cream sandwiches. Now, this idea was a terrific one! However, the ice cream melted EVERYWHERE! It was a huge mess, but I know that the kids cracked up watching us eat.

#4 - I had to yell at almost all of our kids for sitting down when they were suppose to be cheering. I don't think they expected me to get mad, but boy were they wrong! Haha, I can be mean when I need to be.

#5 - My brother came up to me when I was talking to one of my swimmers. He put his arm around me and said, "Did you know that this is my sister?" Riley said he didn't know that and Matt asked if he could see the family resemblance. Riley said that he kinda could. Finally, we asked Riley who he thought was older. Of course he guessed Matt! What do I have to do?!? Matt started cracking up and enlightened Riley, who then looked sheepish. We assured him that it happens all the time. Come on people, do I really look that young?!?

Highlights of the day: Matt and Kari leading an insanely loud version of the team cheer at finals tonight, Ilana's 50 fly at prelims, Bobby making 2 more champ times and a new A time this afternoon, Frankie and Alex each making a new champ time, Lauren's 50 fly, Ilana's 50 breast in finals, Teddy staying through all night of finals in case he was needed to swim (he was 1st alternate), and oh, so many more!

Today's Tidbit: Oh my goodness! I am so proud of how all of my swimmers did! They really stepped up and we are only 23 points behind West Express going into tomorrow! Gooooooo Orcas!

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

"Kid, I've been through child birth." Quite entertaining....I laughed....

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can be mean? Stop it.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh yes, I can be mean. I was even worse today! I told the kids that I would ask them once to get up and cheer, if I had to ask again, I'd just remove them from the pool and not let them swim! You should have seen the looks I got!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home