Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin


Happy 4th of July everyone! Yeah for fireworks tonight! Although, I don't think I'm going to watch the Rochester ones... I think we are just going to light off our own. Shhh, don't tell! We bought them in North Dakota ;)

I got up early this morning to work. I tell ya, my boss doesn't believe in holidays. If the pool is open, we work! Although, we did have to change the schedule around because of two things. First, the Rec. Center was closed, so we had to move all our groups to the outdoor pool. Second, the boss man took today off. Whatever...

My first workout was deathly boring! I was the only coach there, so I couldn't even talk to anyone :( However, our second session was 3 groups. We had a total of 34 kids and there were 5 coaches! Yeah, that's way more coaches than we needed, but whatever! Steve got out a frisbee and we threw it back and forth over the pool and the kids. My favorite was when we'd accidentally whack a kid in the head. Or when the frisbee wouldn't get over, so we'd have to stop a kid and have them throw it up to us. Good times!

That's all I have for now. I'm heading to some track meet for little kids tonight to watch some of my swimmers race. It should be a good time! After that, we're heading out for a little party at the rents' house. Enjoy your day!

Today's Tidbit: The country's top fireworks display is in Chicago. Maybe I should go there next year :)

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Wait....did I just hear "party at Castle de Youngers?"




I think I did....







Oh....and this was my conversation with the cops when I called about your fireworks (starts with me and we switch off every line):

"Yeah, I know of some people with illegal fireworks in Oronoco."
"Okay, could we get a name?"
"It's the Youngers family."
"The ones with the big house?"
"Yeah, that's them."
"Well, I'm sorry. We can't do anything about that."
"So it'd be alright if I went over to watch their fireworks tonight?"
"No. We'd bust you for supporting illegal fireworks."
"Okay. Thanks anyway."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home