Pretty in Pink

Friday, July 14, 2006

Oh what a beautiful morning!


My new carpet is finally installed! It has been 7 weeks of living without a basement. Now, for a lot of you, you might think that's not a big deal. Well, let me tell you... For me, it was a HUGE deal! I live almost completely in my basement. My office is down here, my family room/den (where I watch TV and movies and play DDR) is down here, and my games are all down here. Anyway, it's been 7 weeks of not-so-much fun...

Today, my mom, dad, and brother all came over to help Beth and I move furniture back out. We had to rip the trim off a door so that we could get our love seat down here, that was interesting. We are finally all hooked-up though. My computer is up and running, back in my office where it belongs (instead of on the living room floor), my TV is back up and running, and the PS2 is finally plugged in again. Oh the relief :)

The best part of the day, my boss gave us a 27" TV for free! Whoo hoo! Because I got the new one, my brother gets to take my old one to college instead of buying a new one. Matt also got a printer for his troubles today! Oh, it was a glorious day!

Now, I'm off to see Wicked in Minneapolis. I'm super excited! I'm sure I'll be blogging about that one tomorrow, I can't wait!

Today's Tidbit: My cat has been hiding under the stairs since yesterday... I don't think he likes the new carpet!

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Greg said...

You know, most people poddy train their new pets, and then get new carpet. Way to live on the edge. ;)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha, thanks Greg! The puppy will mostly be upstairs until he's house trained. We also ripped out the carpet so long ago, it was well before we decided we were getting the puppy. It'll be okay, I hope :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home