Pretty in Pink

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tales from kindergarten

Alright people, you're going to have to bare with me on this one... It's kind of a long story. But to get the full effect of what happened today, I have to tell it all. Hopefully it will make sense.

So I didn't get any subbing calls last night, but I really wanted to work today. At about 6 this morning, I did get a call. I hung-up on the system, but the second I did, I was totally regretting it. Calls go out until 7:15 every morning. At 7:10, I had given up and was kicking myself for not taking the other job. Low and behold, at about 7:12, the phone rang again. The job was at Bamber (my favorite elementary school to sub at). It was for a kindergarten teacher. I knew that one of my favorite swimmers was in her class, so I was really excited.

At this point, I was already thanking God that He provided even though I'd been stupid. I headed to school and Mrs. Parker was there. She hadn't planned on being gone, but her daughter got sick. She showed me around the room and we went over the plans. I was feeling confident about the day.

I had a wonderful day! I loved being there. I was actually thinking to myself that kindergarten is a grade I can really see myself teaching as I walked back in from the buses this afternoon. I went back to the classroom to gather my things and another teacher was waiting for me. Her name is Mrs. Fink. I subbed for her back in January, but I had never met her.

She told me that she'd heard really good things about me, including that I can really handle a classroom and that I'm professional. She then asked me if I'd be interested in being her long-term sub next fall when she has her baby! It'll only be part-time because she only teaches afternoons, but I'm so excited! I'll actually have my own classroom for a few months. I don't think I've stopped smiling since this afternoon. I'm going to be a kindergarten teacher.

I'm praying that it all works out. I'm just really looking forward to it. I'm even excited about conferences and report cards. Gosh, I must really be a teacher or something. I never stop being amazed by how God works. If I hadn't subbed for Mrs. Parker today, I might never have gotten to talk to Mrs. Fink.

Today's Tidbit: Another solid performance from my Twins tonight. Cheers to my future husband for the walk-off home run! Woot woot :)

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

So we definitely missed you tonight....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home