Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Venetian

Well, first things first... I am still loving Vegas! Today was not as good of a day on the gambling front, but that's okay. We started this morning by playing at our hotel in the "Party Pit." It was pretty fun because you won prizes. We won 15 strands of "Lucky Beads" for straights, 2 decks of cards for getting 3 of a Kind, and even a stuffed orca for a straight flush. We left here $300 up. Next up, back to O'Sheas. We won more and figured we were up about $2000 for the trip.

Now this is when our luck changed :( We left and headed down to the Venetian. We lost lots of money. The Venetian is EVIL! After the show (which I'll talk about in a second), we went back to O'Sheas and lost more. We are still up a little bit on the trip. And my mom keeps saying that you don't come to Vegas expecting to win. So we shouldn't feel bad because we're playing on their money and we're having a blast. I suppose she is correct on that one.

The highlight of my day was definitely seeing "Phantom" tonight. I have seen it two or three times in the cities and I saw it on Broadway in NYC. But I don't think anything could have prepared me for how absolutely amazing it was! The special effects are surreal. And the theater is gorgeous! Oh my gosh, I loved every minute of it! I think the reviews that it's the best show in Vegas are probably right. I would highly recommend it :) I have to thank Katie for telling me that I didn't want to miss it. All three of us were so glad that we went!

Today's Tidbit: The lady sitting in front of us at "Phantom" kept turning around and joining our conversations. My personal favorite was the one we had about how there are too many women walking around this town with thier boobs hanging out. Seriously unattractive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home