Pretty in Pink

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Time for a period, or just a comma?

Nate told me that I need to blog more... So I suppose I might as well :)

So just a little while ago I was up in my kitchen. I was leaning against the counter and looking at my fridge. I glanced at a magnet that I have had for years. The magnet says, "Never place a period where God has put a comma." I think Gracie Allen said it, but I'm not sure.

I sat there and thought about that for a few minutes. I think lately, I have been trying to put lots of periods in my life. I get so worked up and upset when something doesn't work out. But in reality, maybe it's just a comma in my life. So maybe it's not looking good for me to get into the graduate program I'm applying for. And maybe it is really hard to find a full-time teaching job around here. I have so many options. I just need to be open to and willing to go after them.

I was talking to Laura about it last night. I have no idea where I will be six months from now. I could still be in Rochester. I could be in Mankato. I could be back in Fargo. I could be in Kansas or Colorado or Alaska. I just have no idea what is in store for me. And that's pretty much scary as heck! Yes, it's exciting too. But mostly, I'm scared. I know that God will be with me, but I like certainty. And this is the most uncertainty I have ever felt. I plan things so far in advance, and for once in my life, I can't do that.

But anyway, I'm just thinking of all of this as a comma, a pause in my life. I am not going to let myself get negative anymore thinking that it's over if I can't find a job or get into grad. school. No more. I'm going to keep on smiling :)

Today's Tidbit: I think I found my new favorite food :) I am loving the whole bagel with peanut butter thing!

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

Just remember that you are a pawn in God's game of life, and he will place you where he thinks you are best fit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home