Pretty in Pink

Monday, March 19, 2007

Look at me! I'm totally on a blogging roll now!

Okay, so I decided to try something new today. I subbed at Century (which obviously is not the new part) for an old teacher of mine. I subbed for speech and drama. I had a wonderful day! I had study hall this morning, that was probably my least favorite part of the day. Second hour was my prep time. I sat in the office talking to the student teacher and to a family friend who's a chemistry teacher at CHS. Then the speech classes started. I saw a lot of kids that I know from choir, so that was cool. I got to sit with Megan during 4th hour and with Ashleigh during 8th hour. Woot woot! There were lots of swimmers doing double takes in the hallway when they saw me, it was so great! I also had a drama class during 7th hour which was pretty fun.

My lunch hour was 6th hour, so I went down to the choir room. Clearly I love subbing for the choir teacher if I go back there during my free period! Haha :) It was fun though. I ran into Mel and Mrs. Heyrman, so that was cool. I also realized today that I haven't been in the main, academic part of the building in FOREVER! So much is different now! It really was like taking a walk down memory lane.

I am wondering now if there is a connection between me subbing at Century and me being in a good mood. I always seem to be happy when I sub there. Does this then mean that I should be working on getting my secondary education license? And if so, what the heck subject area do I want to get it in? Unfortunately, music is out. But English or Social Studies or maybe even Math would be possibilities.


Anyway, it was a really good day. As far as my goal is concerned... 1 day down, 8 to go until spring break. And I already have a job lined up for Thursday. That only leaves me with 7 days to fill! I'm hoping that at least a few of them are back at Century. Although now, I'm not picky at all about who the teacher is or what the classes are :)


Today's Tidbit: The family friend of ours who teachers at CHS told me a story that my dad had told her over 20 years ago. Apparently, right after Beth and I got bunk beds, Beth really wanted to come up and sleep on the top bunk with me. She climbed up there and then fell. She got stuck between the bed and the wall! Haha, I can totally picture Beth with her diaper caught :)

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

you are on a blogging roll! And you will make a great full time teacher someday! You should look into History ;)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I think that's probably when Beth decided she would one day shank a cop....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home