Pretty in Pink

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Grand Square... And Reverse!


Oh my goodness! I had soooooooo much fun at the Square Dance last night! If you weren't there, you really missed out! I wasn't planning on going, but then Rebecca called and asked for a ride. I decided, why the heck not and went. Boy am I glad that I did!

We got there about 6:45 and talked to Cary. At that point, no other TEC people were there. Shortly there after... Bob, Laura, Matt, Brianna, and April all came. It was time to start the dancing!
There were way more girls than guys, but that's really not all that surprising. Especially since Bob's two dates didn't come (which was bad for me cuz she had said I could borrow one). No, but it was all good cuz I got to have Laura as a partner for almost the whole night. I had a blast! I'm really horrible at dancing, but it was fun.

My favorite thing we did was the Grand Square. And I loved it cuz I danced with Laura and then Matt was my other person, it was great to make funny faces and get all into it!
The caller asked if anyone was a country music fan... I think Matt and I were the only two, heck yeah! The other dance that I really liked was the Virginia Reel. I danced with April on that one, good times! Merissa's dad went through the floor, that was pretty funny. Well, funny after we knew he was okay.

After all the dancing ended, we hung-out outside for a while talking. It was super good to talk to Bob! While we were outside, "Blessed Be Your Name" started playing and Christine and I reminisced :P I had so much seeing everyone! Thanks so much to Merissa and her family for having it! It was great!


When I got home, I had to take a shower right away. I was completely caked in dirt. I also coughed most of the night from all the dust. Oh, good times to be had! I loved that I hardly even noticed the pig smell after only a few minutes :) It reminded me of all the Barn Dances I went to in college. Good old Arthur, North Dakota!

I will post pictures when I get them from Bob :) Haha, should have brought my camera!

Today's Tidbit: My cat, Nigel, survived the vet yesterday. Last summer, we took him in for his yearly vaccinations. He went into Anaphylactic shock from the Rabies vaccine. This year, the vet gave him some meds first and then kept him for observation all day. Nigel did great! Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home