Pretty in Pink

Monday, August 07, 2006

Puppy Preparations


So I got home from the TEC Reunion last night around 7:30. I went right to work with Beth and Matt on organizing our house and getting it ready for the puppy to come home. I moved all my CM stuff downstairs and even set-up a scrapbooking table for me to work at. I moved a bookcase (and almost dropped it down the stairs) and rearranged all of my books. It's about time I got them all on the shelf, instead of in random piles. We moved furniture upstairs to create a space for the puppy. I think I finally went to bed around 2.

My dad came over at 10 and started working on the gate in our backyard. Yeah for playing outside with the puppy! He says he'll be done long before we come home tonight, so that's good. His other project for the day... We finally got our new entertainment center put together, so he has to hook everything up. He wants to change something with how our cable is hooked up, but I don't know what...

We will be leaving in about 45 minutes to go get the puppy! Mapquest is telling us 5.5 hours. Google Maps is telling us over 6 hours... I have decided that Google Maps gives better directions, but their time estimation is way off! It told me 2 hours to get from where I was in the cities to Austin, and it took less than an hour and a half. And I don't even speed! Well, okay, I don't go more than 4 over... Anyway, we're guessing 5 hours, I hope!

Well, I'm off for now... I'll be back with the puppy tonight!

Today's Tidbit: We moved about 8 boxes full of stuff to sell in a garage sale out to the garage last night. I noticed that the garage is getting quite full. Maybe that means it's time for a sale this fall?!? I think so! Then, we can use the money to pay our vet bills :P

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

I like the idea of people who don't speed. Unlike Nate... who went 97mph in a 65 on the way to the reunion. See I don't speed, well go more than 5 miles over, because cops are attracted to me like, well... I don't know but I've been pulled over twice in the last two weeks.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Don't listen to her....she was pulled over for a headlight being out both times.... =P

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

Yes but what is stupid is how the heck could the cop from Winnebago tell that my BRIGHT passanger side headlight was out from wayy of in the distance? Like I saw him wayyyy off in the distance and I turned off my brights and the jerk pulled me over and was interigating me for 15 minutes. Oh my gosh it was scary and I cried. And I heard that Aaron laughed after the first time I got pulled over. You jerk. But okay I lied... I speed on the way down to Frost, because I can see the cop lights off in the distance. But I don't speed at night because I'm too blind to tell if it's a cop at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home