Pretty in Pink

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Painfully Shy

It is days like today when I wonder how on earth anyone can possibly think that I'm outgoing. Today was Lucy's senior recital. I had RSVPed on Facebook months ago and had told her several times since then that I'd be there. I also told Connie and Mary that I'd be there. But as it drew closer to the time when I was suppose to leave, I got more nervous. It wasn't the actual recital that I was nervous for, it was the reception afterwards. I don't do well in groups of people. Especially when those groups of people don't include very many that I know.

I went to the recital. It was amazing! I am so floored by Lucy, Tracy, and Tanner. It definitely makes me wish that I hadn't quit piano (yes, Mom, you were right!) and that I had stuck with choir longer. Anyway, I loved the duet that Lucy did with Tracy at the beginning, Lucy's song with her dad, and the song "O Polichinelo." It was so fun!

I got to the church at the same time as Joe, so I sat with him. Connie came in after us and sat right in front of me. So far, so good. Next up... The dreaded reception :P I will spare you the details, but mostly I felt pretty awkward standing around. However, I went to support Lucy and it really doesn't matter how I felt. And, I went. That's actually saying a lot for me. Normally, I would have just gone to the recital and bolted. But I didn't. So maybe I am changing for the better.

Tomorrow will be another adventure in overcoming shyness. We have our 10 & Under Awards Celebration for swimming. I have to talk about all of my Blue Group swimmers in front of about 200 people. Yay?

Today's Tidbit: I have definitely been the queen of procrastination this week. And now I'm feeling completely overwhelmed with how much stuff I need to get done before I leave for TEC on Thursday. But all is good and I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home