Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Being Patriotic

Today was a great day. Not gonna lie. Sarah got here late last night. We stayed up watching the season finale of "24", playing DS, and chit-chatting (until about 4 AM, for the record). We got up this morning and brought Jennie lunch at school. Jennie introduced me to the director of Kingdom Kids and I picked up an application. Yay!

Sarah and I then spent the afternoon playing Wii Sports. We are clearly the best at bowling. I was alright at the shooting part of golf, but horrible at putting. Boxing is quite the workout. And I suck at both baseball and tennis. It was really fun though.

We had dinner at Bruegger's and then headed up to Century for the choir concert. I thought they did really well. I'm definitely glad that we went. It was fun to talk to everyone after the concert, too. I can't wait for the Concert Choir's final concert/tour send-off next Thursday.

Me & Sarah after the concert

Jehrid, Brittany, & Me

Me & Lucy - Go Cobbers!

On to the Twins game... I got home from the concert and kept hearing stats from the game. I knew that we had won, but I still wanted to watch it. I had, of course, moxied the game. Moxied is totally not a word, but I don't really care. Anyway, I watched it just now. AMAZING!

Boyfriend of the Day: Justin Morneau

Like there was any doubt on this one. Nate predicted that I would choose him. Becky also hinted at it :) Seriously 5 RBIs on 2 home runs! And the 3 run homer came on 2 outs... Incredible! Santana did pitch a very strong game. 13 strikeouts and only 1 earned run. Very impressive.

7 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ben said...

1) Wasn't the finale of 24 extremely disappointing?! A) His father isn't dead; B) Where was the BIG cliffhanger for next year?!

2) What is the "shooting part of golf"? I must not be playing the right sport?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Janet said...

1) Yes the finale was disappointing. According to 24 fans everywhere, this season was rather disappointing. I can't really comment on that since it's the first season I've watched in it's entirety...

2) Haha! I think the kids I have in class are wondering what the heck I'm laughing at right now... You know what I mean, I hope.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

The finale was extremely disappointing, actually I'll agree with Janet the entire season was disappointing. We discussed at length how incredibly quickly relationships can change in 24 hours! Please give me a break!

Thanks for the fun time yesterday Janet! :) It was a great way to spend my day off! :)

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh my goodness, don't thank me. Thank you for coming down! I had an wonderful time :) I'm suppose to thank you for coming to the concert from some of the choir kids. They were impressed that you came all the way from the cities.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

That Morneau character is a good guy.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

Man, I must have been away from golf too long, when I was a boy, it was considered a "gentlemen's sport". Certainly no shooting involved!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Talk about people taking me literally...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home