Pretty in Pink

Monday, May 21, 2007

Manic Monday

Well after 16 days of subbing for Lore this year, we finally hit an all-time low. Holy cow, were they ever bad today. They gave me a false sense of contentment this morning. They were amazing. But after lunch, it all went out the window. I am not sure how I am even still alive, really. They were awful. I was almost in tears and so was the CAP student who was in the room with me. YIKES!!!

But, as all the teachers told me, I survived. And after school I got to chat with Brooke and Laurie and Heidi. To recap, Brooke is who I'll be subbing for next year and Laurie and Heidi are two of the other Kindergarten teachers. Though I found out today that Heidi will be gone for the next two years supervising for the Graduate Induction Program and there will be GIP teachers in her room. Sad :( I know that I'll get along really well with Laurie though and I'm super excited to work with her.

The other good things that came out of today... Suzanne (one of the other 2nd grade teachers) asked me if I'd done Ventures yet. It's part of the interview process in Rochester. When I said that I hadn't, she said that we'd have to change that. I think she's going to make some calls on my behalf, so that's really nice. And the other thing was that Tim's mom told me I looked like a "real teacher" with my hair up the way it was :) Yay for Carol!

I'm off to the pool. And then I'm having coffee with Joe, though neither of us drinks coffee so we'll probably have some other beverage. And then I will come home and clean a bit before Sarah gets here around midnight. Oh what a good night it will be!

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

yeah for Janet! :) and teachers willing to help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home