Pretty in Pink

Saturday, May 12, 2007

And it was good

It was a good day. Actually, it's just been a really good weekend so far. Let's start with last night. We had our TEC 67 Wheat Team family reunion. Oh, good times. Let's see, it was Nate, Alyssia, Aaron, Emily, Anna, Eric, Corey, and me. Plus Beth and Matt, of course. I thought it was really fun.

We played Cranium Turbo first (while we watched the end of the Twins game). They put Beth, Matt, and me on the same team. We won despite the fact that Matt struggled with spelling Mohawk backwards. I love that game.

Next up, a Scene-It tournament. We drew for teams. I was with Nate, Aaron, Alyssia, and Corey. We played the Sports version first. We led the whole game, but they won at the end because we were too nice. Basically, they probably answered a question wrong, but we let them have it. Next up, the Harry Potter version. This time, they led the whole game, but we came back to win at the end on a question about Platform 9 3/4. Ha! And finally, the regular movie version. It was a very close, very intense game. But in the end, Beth's team pulled it out (big shock, I know!). Emily came through in the clutch with "Breakfast Club."

After Scene-It, the girls got in the hot tub and the boys played Wii. Girl time is always fun, so that was good. After we changed into our pajamas, it was finally time for the best game ever known to man... LYNCH MOB!!! We played for at least a couple of hours. Oh how I love that game! I think my favorite two rounds of it were when I was teamed up with Emily. We were a pretty amazing team. The first time, she was the doctor and I was the marshal. It came out right away and she kept saving me. Then either the next game or just a few later, we were criminals together and we took out the marshal and won! Yay us :) I also really enjoyed the time when Matt and I were criminals together and we played Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide between killing Eric and Nate. We killed Eric and he was the marshal so we won. It was quite exciting and everyone that was already dead was cracking up while we did it.

I think I finally fell asleep around 6 o'clock this morning. Yay for being up 24 hours. I slept on the couch upstairs so I would hear Aaron leave. But I didn't, and because of it, he has a lovely picture of me sleeping on his phone. Oh boy. At 9:30, Anna and Emily woke me up and we all went to Perkins for breakfast.

Everyone sort of went their separate ways after that. Anna, Alyssia, Emily, and I headed to St. Charles for Aaron's baseball game. I should point out that he hadn't slept at all. He stayed up all night playing Wii and then had a double-header. Crazy stuff. We made it there for the second game. It was really fun and we were (I'm sure) obnoxious and embarrassing. He got to pinch run once and then play left field for one inning! Buc Pride! They won, it was good.

I went to my parents' house to clean up the basement and then finally made it home about 4 o'clock this afternoon. I watched the game. I looked on in horror when my fiance got hit with a ball and broke his nose! Yikes! And then I took a 3 hour nap on the couch.

Today's Tidbit: I am incredibly sunburned from the game, but it's really only the left side of my body. Whoops! I guess I should have used the sunscreen that Aaron's mom had...

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Suburn is good for you....it builds character....

And thanks for going to the game....I appreciate it....and sorry for being in a very blah mood during it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home