Pretty in Pink

Monday, April 30, 2007

All I really need to know, I learned from subbing at Century...

So I was back at Century again today. I subbed for the teacher that runs the PALS (Peer Assisted Learning Site) room. Basically, I babysat study halls all day. It's also the testing center, meaning that teachers leave make-up tests there for kids to take. That kept me sort of busy. And on rare occasion, I got to help someone with some homework. It was quite the learning experience.

I learned that I really don't remember much from high school math. I couldn't even figure out a stupid find the area problem for basic geometry! And, by the way, it's totally haunting me!

I learned that it is really boring to be a babysitter.

I learned that I am way too laid back for my own good. The other teachers in the room with me kept shushing everyone and I just didn't care.

I learned that it's really fun when you have visitors! Thanks to Ashleigh, Kelly, & Molly for that :)

I learned that kids try to cheat A LOT!

I learned that Dustin is good to talk to, especially when the day hasn't been the best.

I learned that I do, indeed, love the choir kids! And that I'm super excited to hear them sing on Friday!

I learned that the PALS room is really hot, but the music hallway is really cold.

I learned that the kids don't care what you wear, as long as it isn't hideous? Haha! Thanks to Tessah & Sam for that one.

I learned that Matt & Beth's old math teachers really liked them :)

I learned that my former teachers are weirded out by the fact that I'm now a "colleague." Their words, not mine.

I learned that my 7th grade math teacher remembers me, but my 10th grade chemistry teacher does not.

Okay, I'm done now. I'm tired and going to bed. I have a very full week this week!

Today's Tidbit: I'm subbing for my favorite 2nd graders tomorrow. We're going on a field trip. It's my first one as a sub and I'm scared I'm going to lose a kid. You might want to pray :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home