Pretty in Pink

Monday, April 23, 2007

TEC #67

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. TEC 67 was completely amazing. I am still just sitting in awe of the HUGE ways that God showed up this weekend. I kept praying that we would all be amazed by His love and presence at this weekend. I guess I didn't really know what I was asking, but boy did He ever answer that prayer and so many others!

I'm not sure that I can even put into words what this weekend meant for me. It was amazing, unforgettable, and so Christ-centered. I loved every minute of it and I already miss everyone that I was fortunate enough to meet. I have so many team memories from this weekend that I have to do a separate Top 10 list just for that. So, for starters, here is my overall weekend Top 10 list. Enjoy!

10 – The Talent Share… This was definitely one of my favorite talent shares. Doing Sister Act with the adults was a blast! My 3 favorite skits were probably Support: The Musical. Satan Bites the Dust, and the Leadership skit. Way to go everyone!

9 – Doing the SD thing… I feel so blessed that I was able to help Gary out and be a pseudo SD this weekend. Before the weekend, I thought all I’d be doing was the talk. But that was not the case. Everything that I was able to help with touched me and I think I got far more out of the weekend than I would have otherwise. Possibly even more than I ever have before when working team.

8 – Table Commissioning… This is always one of my favorite parts of the weekend. This was one of the best I have ever had. The tables were all incredible and it was a total joy to get to be a part of it!

7 – Praying with Amy… I like to end all of my days at TEC by praying with someone. It’s always been either Sarah or Laura before this TEC. I didn’t have either of them on Team, so I had asked Amy if she would be my prayer partner. The time that we were able to spend together talking about our days and praying was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. I really was able to grow closer to Amy by spending time with God together. I am so thankful that we made it a priority to spend that time together every night.

6 – Candidate Sharing in the Sanctuary… So, I’m not going to lie. After sharing downstairs, I wasn’t expecting too much for sharing in the sanctuary. Boy was I wrong! It was incredible. I am not used to having more candidates share upstairs than downstairs. I totally bawled. Oh my goodness, they’re just awesome, awesome candidates!

5 – Stations… God just really spoke to me this weekend through Stations. Reading the prayer at the beginning was very touching and it was like He was yelling at me that He died for me too. I don’t know, it was just one of the most powerful moments of the weekend for me. And because of how I felt Friday night, I was able to add some stuff to my talk.

4 – Ashleigh… I always love it when I know candidates, but this time it was more than I could have ever hoped for. I am so proud of her and I love her so much! I am so glad she was able to come and experience this with me!

3 – Answered prayers… God always answers our prayers, but it was so awesome to see the answers so first hand. At every TEC weekend, there are many, many prayers answered. But this time, I just feel like every prayer was answered in ways that we could see before we even left the church. Yay God!

2 – My team… I have worked a lot of teams in my life, but I have never gotten this close to a team, ever. We all just really clicked and it was amazing. I loved that our whole room would talk at night and that we laughed together and cried together. Gosh, I just can’t thank each one of them enough. It was truly incredible.

1 – The candidates… It seems like the candidates are always my number one, but seriously, this group was amazing. There is just no other way to describe it. I saw so many prayers answered in this bunch of candidates and I cannot wait to have them all come back and work a TEC weekend!

Today's Tidbit: I was checking my e-mail last night and I read the Bible Verse that I got e-mailed on Friday. It was Mark 10:45, which we use a lot at TEC! "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I feel privaleged to say that i was in two of your top skits! This TEC was amazing. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! AMAZING!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home