Pretty in Pink

Monday, April 23, 2007

Here's to the best Wheat Team of all-time!

I know, I know, it's always shocking when I post twice in the same day! I finally finished this. It was really hard because there are just so many good memories! But here you go... My TEC #67 Wheat Team Top 10... Drum roll, please...

10 – SUPPORT!... Us banning people to Support for doing silly things like wearing shoes in the Wheat Cave.

9 – John 4:4… So, during my pray-up, Kyle was reading the Bible verses that I wanted read. I had written down 1 John 4:4 which says, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” Instead, he read John 4:4 which says, “Now he had to go through Samaria.” Pretty sure it was hilarious! Thanks to Kyle for making me laugh (and relax) before my talk!

8 – Nate’s Signing… The signing for “La La La” was probably my favorite, but all of his signing was hilarious! Along with this, goes his lip-synching. Oh, good times!

7 – Our Sing-A-Longs… We did have quite a few sing-a-longs over the weekend… Some of the most memorable were the National American University jingle, several Disney songs, and “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”

6 – “The Champion”… I cannot believe our team. I was so floored by them. They did such an amazing job with this and it was probably the best one I have ever seen. Angie and I stood in the back (doing the lights and sound) and were almost in tears. We were so proud of them all! I can’t wait to the practice run that Nate recorded for us all!

5 – Our Team Toasts… I don’t really know why this stands out to me so much, but it does. I can’t ever remember toasting at a TEC before, and we toasted a lot of things. I guess it’s just another way that I can see how close we really got. We had a blast together and were all so, very thankful for the amazing opportunity we were given to be on this team!

4 – Getting to have my team there for my talk… There is just nothing like having your own team do your pray-up. It was incredible. They were so calming and supportive. And knowing that they were listening in the hallway made my talk way easier to give. Thank you all so much!

3 – My other adults… First of all, I love Angie to death! We had such a blast together. Spending time with her was a huge blessing and I loved getting to pray with her in the prayer chapel. I also really appreciated her flexibility when I had to run around doing SD stuff. I could not have done it without her! I also love that the kids nicknamed us Jangie, we were such a great team! Secondly, Gary is amazing! Here’s to PG-41!!! He is one the most supportive and encouraging people I have ever known. Working with him at 65 was awesome, and this was even better. I can’t wait to work with both of them again sometime!

2 – Our Closing Prayer… What a way to end the perfect weekend. It was filled with tears and sniffles and joy, all at the same time. It was one of the most powerful and emotional prayers I have ever had. I continue to pray that God watches over us all and helps us keep in touch for a long, long time!

1 – My Wheaties… There is just no other way to put it. The best thing about our Wheat Team was the team itself. I am still kind of surprised by how much we actually bonded. I will never, ever forget these people. They are all so amazing and have touched my life in ways that they will never know. I could not have hoped for anything better, this was it!

Honorable Mention – Bubbles! (Thanks PG-41!), Our dance parties, Doing brain teasers in the Wheat Room like Green Glass Door, The Line Game, and Who’s in my frying pan?, Nathan’s ADD, and last, but certainly not least, our Wheat Team Intros. Enough said :)

Random Quotes from our Team –
“Oh Darren…” – Kevin
“What do I thonk…” – Alyssia
“Syphonated” – Emily
“Laura, Laura, Laura.” – Aaron
“Do the foldy-hand thing.” – Nate
“To the Wheat Cave!” – All of the Wheaties

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

We did the foldy hand thing VERY well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home