Pretty in Pink

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy Prep Day!

I would like to first say that I had a simply wonderful day! The alarm went off this morning (which was way, way, way too early, by the way) and I started by reading a short devotion. It really didn't pertain to me at all, but it was good to spend some time with God before I got out of bed. Next thing on the agenda... Get dressed and ready to go.

Last night at the pool, I asked Jenna to help me decide what to wear for Prep Day. Lucy and Mary decided to have Emo Day yesterday and Prep Day today. I was, of course, sad that I wasn't at Century yesterday and really couldn't dress Emo while teaching 1st and 2nd graders. But I was ready for Prep Day. Anyway, so Jenna told me to wear a polo shirt with a sweater tied around my shoulders. She also gave me her pearls to wear. After swimming, I went to Wal-Mart to buy a ribbon to wear in my hair.

Okay, so that was the wardrobe of the day :) I headed up to Century and was a few minutes early. I got everything from Shane's office and then went and talked to Ashleigh and Molly in the hallway before the bell. I also ran into Lucy and Mary and talked to them for a few quick seconds.

Then the fun began... Shane's classes are awesome! Probably because he's an amazing teacher, just a guess :) I had so much fun subbing for him. It was totally great! I would go back there any day. I loved it.

I spent my lunch hour in the choir room, this should be quite the shock, I know. They were cleaning and getting it ready for Big 9 tomorrow. While I was there, Connie asked if I could help her out tomorrow. So now, I have a job for Big 9. I think I even have to wear a name tag :P Ha! I'm just happy that I get to see all the choirs, I can't wait to see how everyone does!

And, at the end of the day, I got another job for Monday. Life is good. Definitely keeping me busy lately!

Today's Tidbit: Alright, so I have been looking at all my past subbing jobs and I've been figuring out where I have spent the most time. I have subbed for my favorite second graders (AKA "the class from hell") 14 times. It was 11 full days, and 3 half days. I have also subbed for the Century Choirs 14 times, but only 8 of those were full days, and 6 were half days. The next closest is 5 days (3 full and 2 half) at John Adams for an 8th Grade science teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home