Pretty in Pink

Monday, June 25, 2007

And the teddy bear gets ejected

Well this is going to be a quick blog about my Twins and then I'll post about the swim meet in a bit. We got a series win in Florida. Unfortunately, my fiance is still in the hospital in Florida. Hopefully he'll get out soon and come back home.

Yesterday's game was certainly entertaining. It aired while I was at the meet, so I Moxied it and watched it last night. I was feeling like we won because of a few things. Matt had told me at the meet that Santana's first at bat made him laugh out loud. Megan told me that she loved Joe Mauer. We were ahead in the 4th inning when I got a text telling me that Santana got the win. So I knew, but all was good and it was still uber fun to watch. Here are some of my personal favorites from the game (I even took notes while I watched it so I wouldn't forget):

Santana hitting a triple in his first at bat. Heck yes!

Mauer hitting two home runs. Heck yes!

We had two "fake" web gems. Bartlett and Hunter both had great plays, but they just missed the ball both times. Bummer. So I got to see two different plays by the Marlins on Web Gems instead. Oh well, we won. Enough said.

And finally...

The home plate umpire was terrible. His strike zone was probably as inconsistent as I have ever seen. He called Cuddyer out on strikes and then Cuddyer argued with him. Let's keep in mind here that we're talking about Cuddyer. In my opinion he's one of the most non-threatening players on the team. I mean, hello, his nickname is Cuddly Cuddy. Well anyway, so the coaches got him calmed down and almost all the way back to the dugout. He then tossed his batting gloves on the ground at one of his coaches feet. I guess that was grounds for an ejection (what the heck?!?). Apparently the umpire thought he threw the gloves at him or something, I have no idea. So then Gardy comes out and argues and he gets ejected. I think the umpire was awful and I hope we don't have him again. Ever!

Oh yeah, and I can't forget. There was a fan that got ejected with a huge bag of popcorn. I don't know what he did wrong, and neither did Dick or Bert. It was sad.

And this all leads to the...

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

Jason Pear played really well the last two games. Within 24 hours, he had 5 RBIs (3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday). He also stole two bases yesterday. That brings his total for the season up to 11 stolen bases on 11 tries. He's amazing. Now if only we could get rid his error-proneness...

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

So, how was your trip to Florida? I saw in the paper that when your main squeeze went to the hospital he was joined by his girlfriend who was at the game. How did you manage to fit that into your busy schedule? And why didn't I get to go to the game? ;-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh, well I'm still in Florida. I can blog from the hospital, you know :) You can come next time!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Gee, thanks! I'll have my bags packed so I'm ready to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home