Pretty in Pink

Thursday, June 21, 2007

My kidlets

Well, if you can even believe it, I went over 24 hours without internet access. I'm still unclear on exactly what happened, but it's fixed now. I didn't check my e-mail, I didn't go on facebook, and (horror of all horrors) I didn't blog. It's a little crazy for me, not gonna lie.

I could catch you all up on all sorts of things. But I won't. I'll just blog about the biggest thing that has been going on in my life this week...

There is a family that I know through swimming. They have six kids, who I absolutely love. Jenna is 15, Ilana is 13, Ben is 12, Jacob is 11, Bobby is 9, and Monet just turned 6. I helped them with driving not this school year, but the one before. I drove the younger three to school in the morning and then picked up the older three from school in the afternoon and took them where they needed to go. I've also stayed with them for a week before when both of their parents were out-of-town.

Anyway, I'm driving for them again. All six kids swim so I take them to and from various practices. Ben and Jacob have piano lessons once a week and this week Jenna also had Driver's Ed. I had to type up a color-coded schedule to keep track and make sure I don't leave any one behind.

On a few of the days, I only have about 2 hours between when I get home with the last set of morning runs and when I start the afternoon runs. One of those days was yesterday. Instead of coming home, Beth and I both hung-out at their house for the afternoon. They have a new pool, so we spent the whole time swimming with Monet. It was a blast! It's been a while since I have just had fun in a pool. I'm totally paying for it today though. I'm scalded, as Beth would say. Of course, I usually get burned at the beginning of the summer and then I will be tan. Hopefully it's the same this year.

This weekend is the Rochester Invite. I'll be coaching a lot, I'm sure. It's okay though. I haven't been to a meet since the State Meet in March. And it's Monet's first meet. I'm uber excited. I taught her how to do backstroke starts this week and we worked a lot on her dives. I'm sure she's going to do great.

If you've missed the last two Twins games, you've missed some interesting baseball. Both games were great fun to watch. The Mets had a really rough outing on Tuesday. I felt kind of bad for them. They had the same number of errors as they did hits. Oops. Last nights game was awesome. We were back to Twins' baseball with some great base running and solid defensive plays. Baker had a strong outing and then the bullpen did their job. I hope we can keep this offense going!

Tuesday's Boyfriend of the Day: Johann Santana

He pitched a complete game shut-out and allowed only four hits. He didn't walk a single batter and got one strike-out. Then, we had the batting side of things. He drew a walk and then hit a double later in the game (
he ended up scoring, by the way). It was freaking sweet. And Bert had to shave his head because of the shut-out. Haha!

Wednesday's Boyfriend of the Day: Justin Morneau

I'm sure that I'm biased, but I really liked his defense today. The triple with a run and an RBI just padded it :) Hunter was a close second with his 2 run homer though.

P.S. Brooke had her baby today. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I just went 4 days without internet....

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Yes, but that was by choice. You do not have my pity :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home