Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Simply Spectacular

So before I get to the AMAZING Twins game, I need to vent.

#1 - Our air conditioning is broken. My house is almost 90 degrees right now. I hate it. Opening windows isn't doing anything. Grr. I guess I just didn't appreciate it enough. Hopefully my dad can fix it tomorrow.

#2 - My dog is sick. He left us four piles of diarrhea/vomit on the carpet before we could even get him outside. He is know outside, still getting sick. I feel so bad for him. Now my house is hot and smelly. Yuck!

#3 - ESPN doesn't like the Twins. We get sucky coverage. It makes me angry. All together now... East Coast bias!

Alright, onto better news. The Twins game tonight rocked my world! I'm so jealous of Ashleigh because she got to go. There is just so much great stuff to say about the win tonight. Our offense was on the ball tonight. Cuddyer went 3 for 4. Ford hit his first home run of the year. Morneau and Hunter hit back-to-back homers in the 3rd inning. Bartlett stole a base (he even got a shout out from Gardy in the post-game press conference). Mauer threw someone out trying to steal and had a hit. And we had some great defensive plays. But there is clearly only one choice for tonight's B.O.D.

Boyfriend of the Day: Carlos Silva

Silva pitched a complete game shut-out tonight. He was on fire. His wife gave birth to a baby boy yesterday (Justin) and then he pitches his second career shut-out tonight. Yay! I cared more about the defensive half of the innings than the offensive half once we got toward the end of the game. It was definitely exciting. Tomorrow we get to try to sweet the Braves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home