Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Finding Nemo (and the silver lining)

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold." - Maurice Setter

I got this quote e-mailed me today as my "Daily Inspiration." I really like it. It also kind of fits with my new outlook on life. I have to say, I find myself smiling a lot more just because I refuse to let things bother me. It's great.

I subbed at Century this morning. It was pretty darn weird to sub during finals, not gonna lie. I gave an honors biology final and then a regular biology final. After the test was finished, we got to watch "Finding Nemo." Oh how I love that movie. It's one of my all-time favorites. I was there for four and a half hours, which means I got paid for a whole day even though I was gone by noon. That's always exciting. I got to say "hi" to a few choir kids and Connie on my way out, so that was fun. Plus, Kelly and Ashleigh and Molly all came and said hello. Kelly even wrote me a "love letter" that one of the students brought me during 1st hour. It made me smile.

After that, I headed over to Bamber to finalize some things with Brooke. She showed me where all of her files are and showed me what we're going to use for homework next year. I have decided that I really, really like her. She's amazing and she's taking all of the pressure off of me. Basically, she said I can do whatever I want and then she'll just do whatever I decide to go with. I can use anything of hers that I want to, but I can also use whatever I want. I totally love it. I am just so excited. But I bet you didn't notice that at all :)

I am finally going to a Twins game! Woot and a half! On Friday night, Ashleigh, Matt, and I are going to drive up and Sarah's coming too. I absolutely cannot wait. So while all the Century seniors are sitting through a long, boring graduation ceremony. I'll be cheering on my team at the Dome. Heck yes!

Speaking of the Twins...

Did anyone watch the game last night? I clearly should have given up on it and gone to bed, but I just can't do that. Oh how quickly the game went from tied at 1-1 to one of the worst losses I can remember. But don't fret, I love my Twins, even when we lose 16 to 3.

On "Baseball Tonight," they said that the Angels were killing the Twins. Beth proceeded to list words that they should have used instead of killed because that's boring. So here you go: massacred, demolished, destroyed, murdered, slaughtered, crushed, bludgeoned, tortured, steamrolled, or clobbered. And all of this leads to...

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

Why, you ask. Because Jason Pear had absolutely nothing to do with that horrific loss! The good news, it's only one game. Hopefully we got that out of our systems and can play better tonight.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

yes, of course I'd love to go to a Twins game! How nice of you to think of stopping by and seeing your old friend while you're in the cities! Sheesh...see if I ever drive your go kart again!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm sorry!!! I'll come up again. I do love the Twins :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Sorry Tim! :) I got invited, we should have thought of you! I'll blame Janet she's planning this fun time!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger uncle tim said...

i just like giving Janet a hard time...I'm not allowed to do anything fun anymore. I started a business. Dang it, stop ordering stuff, people!

Wait...don't stop...shoot..I just jinxed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home