Pretty in Pink

Monday, May 28, 2007

The piranhas are at it again

I had a good day. In fact, I had a great day. I woke-up and drove to Kasson. Laura and I had breakfast at a great little Perkins wanna-be restaurant called Daniel's. I would highly recommend it if you're ever in Kasson :) I think we probably annoyed the waitress because we sat there for over 3 hours. Haha! I always love talking to Laura, it was definitely a good morning. One of the highlights was when she called me a whore. Yeah, that was pretty much hilarious.

Let's see, what else has happened today. Oh yeah, my dog chewed up my bra. I got really mad and put him out in the backyard for a while. Lucy made me feel old :) Yeah, that was cool :P I fell asleep on the couch for about 10 minutes.

And I watched my Twins. Oh my WOW!!! What a game! We got 10 runs, but not a single homer. Can we say, Chicago had a rough day? Yes, I think so. Beth was really excited because they played the Jason-Jason-Jason line-up :) The Twins got hit after hit after hit. It was quite an impressive outing. Here are some stats for y'all.

Castillo - 1 hit, 1 sacrifice bunt, 1 run, 2 walks
Punto - 3 hits, 1 run, 2 RBIs, 1 walk, 2 stolen bases
Morneau - 1 run
Cuddyer - 1 hit, 1 run, 1 RBI, 2 walks
Hunter - 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 RBI, 1 stolen base, 1 AMAZING catch
Redmond - 2 hits (1 double), 1 run, 3 RBIs
Kubel - 2 doubles, 1 RBI, 1 DIVING catch
Bartlett - 1 hit, 2 runs, 1 stolen base
Tyner - 3 hits, 1 run, 1 RBI, 1 walk
Santana - 8 innings, 7 strike outs

I'd say I was probably the most disappointed in my own fiance. I know, it's shocking. Every time he had a bad at-bat, he'd swear up a storm. Oh goodness. Of course, I think he let AJ get in his head a little bit. What did we all think of that drama? I had to actually consider choosing Gardy as my B.O.D. for his fight with the umpires. I liked how all the commentators were super confused. During the post-game wrap, Ron Coomer actually said that Justin made too big of a deal about it and he should have just retaliated on his own. I believe he said that AJ should "at least take one in the rib cage." Yeah, pretty classic if you ask me.

Anyway, this leads to my...

Boyfriend of the Day: The Piranhas

I couldn't choose just one, so I chose them all. (And since I make-up my own rules, I can do that :P)

The piranhas are Nick Punto, Jason Tyner, Luis Castillo, and Jason Bartlett. Today they got on base 13 times out of 19 at-bats. That is just a great number. 8 hits, 4 runs, 3 RBIs (2 of which were on 2 outs, by the way), 3 stolen bases, they drew 4 walks, and hit a sacrifice bunt. Oh, and how can we forget Bartlett getting beaned by a pitch on 2 outs and that leading to a 3 run inning. Heck yes! All in a days work, I suppose.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

haha.. Laura called you a whore.. thats kind of funny :)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Kind of funny? I think it's superbly funny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home