Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You want me to teach what?

Today I taught Chemistry. I haven't taken Chemistry since I was a sophomore in high school. That was nine years ago! And actually, we were on block scheduling back then so I only had it first semester. But that's okay, I had a pretty decent day at Century. The day started off pretty boring, so I owe a HUGE thank you to Lucy, she knows why...

After school, I talked to Lucy for a little while and then came home. I was only here for about 20 minutes and then I went to Dunn Brother's to meet up with Kelly and her youth director, Chris. I am just going to say that I really can't believe what high schoolers have to deal with these days. I am inspired by so many of them. And they simply have no idea. I pray that I can have the kind of courage I have seen in some of my friends this week.

I coached tonight, but was really not in a very good mind-set. I feel pretty overwhelmed today. I feel so helpless. I don't know, I always wish I could do more than I can, I think. It's probably a character flaw. I just keep praying for everyone involved in all of these situations.

Anyway... Onto the Twins game. We won again! Woot woot :) It's nice that we've won the last two series. It sucks that we went 4-5 on this road trip, but after starting 0-3, I'm going to focus on the fact that we went 4-2 in the last 6 games.

I was very impressed with our pitching. Bonser kept pushing through some tough at bats, he gave us 5 solid innings. I'd like it to be more, but his pitch count went way high way fast. Guerrier pitched 2 outstanding innings with no earned runs. And Neshek got us out of a really tough spot. Then we had Joe Nathan in his first save opportunity since May 5th. And he did it even after getting hit with a broken bat! And now... Drum roll please...

Boyfriend of the Day: Luis Castillo

He was 3 for 5 today with a run and an RBI. Gotta love that!

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Joel said...

I was one of the lucky ones (maybe) to get through high school without ever taking chemistry or physics. Instead, I took a zoology class and disected animals. It was funky.

Go Twins!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That's crazy... I had to take Bio, Chem, and Physics. Had I wanted to take science again my senior year, I could have taken an AP class or Environmental Awareness or Sports Biology. But I didn't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home