Pretty in Pink

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Make fun of Janet day...

Today was an interesting day... I didn't sub, which I think was okay. I slept until noon! Holy what? Yeah, noon. I didn't even realize that I was that tired. And I wasn't up all that late last night, either. I slept for 12 hours, now that's crazy!

I didn't do much all afternoon, but then I had to go work at the pool for 4 hours! I would like to thank Alex & Dan for providing me with entertainment. I still love Alex's rabbit joke. Oh man, I thought for sure I was in trouble when he started drawing the "hollowed out log."

Beth and I passed the time by writing out all the presidents. We also wrote who died in office and who was assassinated. After that, we did the 50 states. We included all the postal abbreviations and the capitals. My favorite part of this was when we were stuck on Maryland. I asked some of the swimmers what the capital was. KJ's response: "Delaware!" HAHA, I haven't laughed that hard in a while :)

And onto a change of subject... So lately people have been making fun of me for things I say or for the way I say things. It got me thinking. I do say some things pretty funnily (is that a word?). I totally don't take offense to any of this, by the way. So feel free to add other things that I say strangely in the comments :)

#1 - "Clearly"
I apparently say it a lot. I never realized this until Sarah brought it up. She also told me today that clearly the world clearly needed to be a part of this list.

#2 - "Oh Mylanta!"
I have said this for quite a while now. I didn't think it was all that funny, but clearly other people do.

#3 - "Holy Batman!"
This one is a little newer, but I must say it a lot because
I had a parent of one of my swimmers come up to me recently and say that their kid says it all the time now. Haha!

#4 - "Seriously"
I totally picked this one up from "Grey's Anatomy" along with half the country...

#5 - "Huh-larious!"
I never knew that I said this funny. Beth and Sarah were making fun of me for it on Monday night. I guess I really draw out the "huh" and then add on the "larious." After they talked about it, now I notice it all the time...

#6 - "I love it!"
This was already pointed out by good old Uncle Tim in his blog... I do notice myself saying it a lot. I guess I have a lot of love to go around.

I'm not sure if this is all that funny, but Matt and I were just talking about it. At Big 9, Laura, Matt, and Rebecca were trying to find me a boyfriend. They found a prospective one and were giving me looks. Then Laura said, "Oh wait, he has a ring." And I said, "I know, I already looked." It is clearly the first thing I notice about guys these days :)

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

haha.. Janet has catch phrases.. word..

i never will allow myself to have any catch phrases :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You lie. You have catch phrases too. Word.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Janet notices if there's a ring....guess she must have her wedding on her mind....

I liked the adjectives you used for Tim...."good old"....keyword "old"....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home