Pretty in Pink

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Adventures in O-Town

We had a very fun-filled day in Owatonna today. It was full of laughter and tears (from the laughter, of course). And all sorts of other fun stuff.

Beth and I met Matt at OHS around 6:30. Our first plan was to go feed the ducks at Morehouse Park. Before we could do that, we had to stop at Kwik Trip to buy a loaf of bread. When we got to the park, it was super crowded. Okay, scratch that idea. We saw a sign for a state park 6 miles out of town, so we drove there instead.

When we got there, we had to pay to get in. I walked into the rangers station with our $5. I totally got hit on by the ranger who was working in there. He was very persistent about some astronomy club thing that night. He really wanted me to come. Haha! Anyway, once that was done... We parked the car and decided to go on a hike. I think we walked most of the "Hiking Club" trail. It was fun. We took random pictures of Kwikery (that's what we named the loaf of bread) and Howie. We even tried some forced perspective shots because Beth wanted to. Our prized piece is called "Girl and Dog Contemplating Lake."

We also decided today that I'm a... Well, I'm something that I can't say in the blog world. But maybe you'll get the gist of it. Let's count my boyfriends, shall we?

#1 - Justin Morneau (I'm still not sure when the wedding is...)
#2 - Joe Mauer (We just have a side thing going on.)
#3 - Park Ranger boyfriend (Yeah, we just met today :P)
#4 - Matt (Apparently we have an engagement picture now?)
#5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 (The Twins that have been B.O.D.s.)

After the park, we went to Target. We wanted to visit Mariah, but she wasn't working. She's never working when I'm in O-Town. So then Matt and I tried to ditch Beth, but she found us. We bought two new games and headed over to Happy Chef. Pretty much right after we sat down, Laura called. So she and Nate came to join us. We played a rousing game or two of Zigity (a Cranium card game). It was pretty fun. Except for the fact that I kept having to draw a crap-load of cards. Thank you very much, Matt and Beth.

Next up, we played a game called Loot. Since we had all seen Pirates 3 earlier this weekend, we were in the mood. It's actually a really fun game. I'm pretty sure I lost, but that's okay.

Some funny stories from Happy Chef... First of all, I guess Matt told Laura that if she were a bug, she'd be a praying mantis. He said so because she prays a lot and because they're the only bug that tend toward left-handedness. As he was telling us this, Beth said, "Don't they eat their mates?" She and I immediately looked at Nate and then busted up laughing. It took a while before we could tell the others what was so funny.

There was also a point in the night when Nate was talking about the movie "The Goonies." For some reason, I thought he had said, "Grease." I was so lost when he started talking about a ship leaving. He mumbles. Enough said. And, the highlight of the night... As we were paying, Beth tried to reach through the display case to touch something. Yeah, Beth. It's called glass! It was pretty huh-larious!

Matt and Beth kept making fun of me for listening to the Twins game on the radio. I can't believe the game went to 13 innings. We're going to be tired tomorrow! I'm definitely disappointed that we couldn't eek this one out, but such is life. For the second day in a row...

Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

Hello! He had a 2 run homer and 5 RBIs tonight. That is incredibly impressive.

My feelings for Ortiz definitely went down even more tonight. How long are we going to keep this kid? Grr. And, I'm confused. I saw an interview with Torii Hunter after last night's game. He was talking about how Johan would pitch on Sunday. But on the Twins website, the probable pitcher for tomorrow is Silva. That makes me very, and I do mean very, nervous.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I can't help it that i mumble.. jerk.. haha :)

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ortiz is not a kid...he's 34 thats hardly young by pro sports standards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home