Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tiny Superhero

I have decided that the middle section of "Apollo 13" is really boring. I'm thinking tomorrow will be better because the end is pretty good. I'm scared I'll cry. Anyone want to place bets? I spent most of today making graduation cards. I think I got 13 done. I have a lot to go still though. Good thing I have tomorrow to finish them up. I would have made more, but I ran out of index cards.

I love that I have extra people coming to 8th hour. I must be some incredible teacher. Haha! Or they just want to watch the movie with us and it's better than whatever else they'd be doing. 8th hour is fun because I get to watch Tommy Yang sleep and wave and Dustin during the movie. Oh good times.

Here's my funny story for the day. At the start of my lunch hour, Mr. Larson came into the room. Now, Mr. Larson and I go way back. He was dating my teacher Ms. Jensen when I was in both 5th and 6th grade (yes, I had her two years because Elton Hills has combination classes). He lived in the cities back then, but would come down for "Science Day with Aaron." We would blow stuff up and have a great time. They got married the summer after 6th grade and he got a job at Mayo. I ended up having him for Physics at Century when I was a junior. I am probably one of the only people that had both of them as teachers.

Anyway, on with the story... He puts up pictures from all of his Physics classes. Most of them are from the Valley Fair trip every year. Well his boards are all full so they are going back to the beginning and covering the original pictures. He found a few of me and was telling his class that I was subbing next door. So I had to go look at these pictures and he even gave me one. I feel old!

And now onto the Twins game. I just finished watching it. The Twins played some darn good defense today. Not that you'd know that from looking at the Box Score. At least one of the plays better make Web Gems tonight or I'll be mad. I do think Lucy is right though, we haven't really deserved to win any of these games against Chicago. They seem to be self-destructing. But I don't really care, because we win! And now we're ahead of them in the standings.

Baker did not have a good outing. Eek! It was definitely the day of walks. That's totally how we won (literally). My B.O.D. might be a little controversial today. I could have gone with a lot of players, but I'm going to go with...

Boyfriend of the Day: Nick Punto

He didn't even have a hit today, but he did draw three walks. And that clearly was important today. We tired out their pitchers and got runs off of them. Yay! Plus, he was one of the outstanding defensive plays today. And, to top it off, he was the only Twin who didn't leave a runner on base. Ha! So here's to you, Uncle Tim's twin!

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Speaking of having nothing better to do....let me tell you how my day played out....

Slept and extra half hour this morning, but my mom called me in so it was legal. 1st hour consisted of my teacher cleaning the room while she let me just read my book. 2nd hour we worked on stuff for my only final this quarter (it'll be the only class I do anything in for 2 more days). 3rd hour we taped the last bits of our Spanish video. 4th hour we became the first ever AP Euro class to watch Braveheart (we've been begging all semester).

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I hope that you don't make too noticeable of a cry :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home