Pretty in Pink

Monday, June 11, 2007

And the Dundie goes to...

Well, I've officially arrived. I've been told that you're not really a teacher (or a coach) until you get invited to your first birthday party. And that finally happened. Rachel's mom, Lisa, e-mailed me last week and asked if I'd come to Rachel's 8th birthday party, which was today.

I knew all of the girls there except for two. Most of them were swimmers, but I knew a few from subbing at Bamber. I walked in and they all went nuts. Lisa kept calling me a rock star. I, obviously, do not think of myself as a rock star, but I think it's cool that kids look up to their teachers like that. It definitely makes me feel good about what I'm choosing to do with my life.

Anyway, the party was really fun. All the girls wanted to show me what they painted. I took some pictures, ate a cupcake, watched Rachel open her presents, and then headed off to work. It was a good day :)

Our summer schedule for swimming started today. I never like how broken up everything is, but I do love coaching outside. Today was a gorgeous way to start the season! Here's what the schedule looks like for me:

Mon: 6:45 to 8:45 AM, 9:45 to 11:45 AM, & 3:45 to 6:45 PM
Tues: 5:15 to 7:15 AM & 3:45 to 6:45 PM
Wed:
6:45 to 8:45 AM, 9:45 to 11:45 AM, & 3:45 to 6:45 PM
Thurs: 5:15 to 7:15 AM & 8:15 to 11:45 AM

Since the Twins had an off day today, there is no B.O.D. However, I would like to give out a few awards. I honestly have no idea why I am doing this, but whatever. They all have to do with conversations I am having right now or things that happened today.

Nate gets an award for being very on top of things with his thank you notes. 8 days is very impressive!

Matto gets an award because he's freaking funny to talk to when he's had a few drinks. Don't worry folks, he's WELL over 21 :P

Matt gets an award for being the most random person to talk to tonight. And for telling me to be more unsupportive.

Jenna gets an award for telling me to come over to her house anytime. Yay for not having to be invited. Of course, I probably never would do it, but it's the thought that counts.

Lucy gets an award for replying to all of my crazy facebook messages today! I believe we have 5 threads or so going. Haha.

Jill gets an award for cheering me up.

Sarah gets an award for the best conversation over a picture that Amy posted on facebook. Yay!

And my final award for the night...

Laura gets an award for being my best friend in the entire world and because she loves me "oddles."

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

I have a confession to make Janet.. i am not yet completely done with Thank You's.. out of the 96 (the total is now 96.. i finally stopped estimating and counted them up) i have 18 to go! Not bad!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Hey, that's still pretty good. It took me almost a month to finish mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home