Pretty in Pink

Friday, June 15, 2007

So you think you can dance?

My favorite summer reality show is back and now in full-swing. I love "So You Think You Can Dance?", probably because my goal in life is to learn how to dance and so I'm really drawn to both movies and TV shows about dancing. "Strictly Ballroom" is one of the best movies ever, by the way :)

I started watching the show last summer during the second week after they got to the Top 20. This was the first year I watched the audition process. Just like on Idol, I'm not a fan of the auditions. Unlike Idol, SYTYCD makes it pretty painless and gets to the Vegas round quickly.

This week was when we saw the Top 20 paired up and saw their first dances. Not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed. I have my favorite couples (Lacey & Kameron and Jesus & Sara) already picked out. Of course, this can, and most likely will, change several times over the season.

Last night the first elimination. The judges really confused me. They were talking about how America got it wrong and the wrong people were going home. But the three couples in the bottom were the couples that the judges were the hardest on on Tuesday night. Nigel kept saying that America didn't get to see their full potential and that it was too bad. Well, I'm sorry if you didn't get to perform in your specialty, but to win you're suppose to be an amazing all around dancer. So, in my opinion, too bad for you!

I was incredibly pleased with the bottom three couples. And I think the judges did pick the right dances to send home. Ashlee just didn't step it up in her final "Dance for your life" performance. And Ricky was arrogant and annoying. I can't wait to see what will happen next week!

Alright, onto the Twins game. While we were standing in the church parking lot after the Council meeting, Nate told me that we were down 2-0 in the 7th inning. I was anxious to get home and watch the game. I won't bore you with the details, but we were down 2-0 in the bottom of the 9th inning. I was pretty nervous, but knew that we could pull it off if we just got the bats going. I had told myself that if Castillo could lead off the inning by somehow getting on base, we'd be okay. And what do you suppose he did, well he got on base of course!

The offense really came alive in that inning and we came back and won 3-2. Yay Twins! It's unfortunate that we can't seem to get Santana the run support earlier so he can get a win, but I won't complain about a no-decision for him on a win for the team. Heck yes!

Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

I loved his triple in the 9th inning. It was very exciting!

I'm excited because Erik invited Beth, Matt, and I over to his house to watch one of the Yankees vs. Twins games next month. He just moved here from out east and is a huge Yankees fan. I'm totally stoked to watch with him and his wife, Sara. Go Twins!

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I can't dance....just for the record....

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Good to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home