Pretty in Pink

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Big Hurt finally hit 500... But we still won :)

Oh dear, I am a little behind. Sorry about that everyone... We shall devote this blog to the best team in baseball. I have to update you on three games. Whoops, I clearly had a busy week.

Alright, first up was Tuesday's game. I felt like I was in some crazy, alternate universe watching this game. Baker pitched great! He threw 9 strikeouts. Who does he think he is, Santana? As Lucy said, "a little nutty Baker turns out to be a superhero. Wow." Well said, Lucy. Well said. It was quite the pitchers duel that we finally ended in bottom of the 12th inning with Cirillo hitting an RBI single to give us the 2-1 victory. I will say that I'm a tiny bit disappointed that we couldn't get Baker the win after that incredible start. But I suppose it happens.

Boyfriend of the Day: Scott Baker

I don't remember that much about Wednesday's game. Well, other than the fact that I was sad that we lost. I watched the game with my family and we thought we'd come back and eke it out. But no such luck. Tiny Superhero had an RBI single in the 2nd inning. He got to third on a throwing error on a pick-off attempt. And then he scored on a passed ball. Haha!

Boyfriend of the Day: Nick Punto

We ended the series on a high note today. The fiance was back as the DH. Yay! We were down in the 1st inning by 4 runs. Due in large part to Frank Thomas hitting his 500th career home run. 10% of those homers have come against the Twins, by the way. But we didn't give up. Silva battled back and we played some good offense.

Jason Pear stole two bases today. That brings his total up to 15 for 15 this year. He has the most on the team now. We actually only had 4 guys get hits today. But they all did really well. Jason Tyner was 3 for 4 with 2 runs and 1 RBI. Jason Bartlett was 2 for 3 with 2 runs and 1 RBI. Michael Cuddyer was 1 for 3 with 1 run and 1 RBI. And Torii Hunter was 2 for 4 with 2 runs and 3 RBIs. We had three homers in the game... 1 from Bartlett and 2 from Hunter.

Boyfriend of the Day: Torii Hunter

Tomorrow we play the Tigers. It's going to be Santana vs. Verlander. I'm quite excited!

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

She IS alive! All of a sudden, everyone went missing from their blogs all at the same time. It was a frightening week.

I've only been able to see a couple innings of one Twins game in the past 2 weeks, and a couple more innings total on the radio while in the car. About the time I do have an evening to sit down and watch, it'll probably be the All-Star break anyway, and I'll still be bummed.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Maybe we better just go to a game sometime then. Then I'll know you'll get to watch one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home