Pretty in Pink

Monday, June 25, 2007

It came out of no where

I'll start out by saying that I was very impressed with how everyone swam this weekend. I got to be in charge of the 8 & Unders (my favorite!) and I had a blast. I've really missed working with them, so the weekend went great for me. They all did such a great job. Jack, Victor, Erin, and Rachel all made State qualifying times. Anna and Lily made some A times. I had lots of them make new B and C times too. It was quite exciting. Here are some of my highlights from the meet:

Monet, who just turned 6 at the end of May, swam this weekend. It was her first ever "real" meet. She did an amazing job and was totally adorable. Her first event was the 50 breaststroke. She had to go to the bathroom so bad she was crying, but she made it. And she got her first ever C time! Yay Monet!

Jack has really been working hard this season. It was so fun to see it all come together for him. He got his Champ times in the 50 free, 100 free, and 50 fly. Plus he has the 50 back in yards so he can swim that at the State Championships too.

I got to watch the older kids swim at night for finals. All of the relays also swam at night. It was really fun because we won a lot of them. Anyway, one of my favorite races to watch was the Senior Girls 400 Medley Relay. Jenna was our anchor and she totally ran this other girl down and touched her out. It rocked my world.

At the end of Saturday's finals, we were cleaning up our bleachers. Wyatt tried to throw an empty Gatorade bottle into the garbage, but he missed. It went right into the pool while someone was swimming. Katelyn had to go retrieve it.

Matt swam the 100 Fly in consoles on Sunday night. Not gonna lie, he was in 3rd at the 50 and I thought he'd die for sure. Instead, he basically even split it and came back for a race to the finish with two other guys. There were three of them all together and I had no idea who won the race. We all looked up at the scoreboard and it stayed blank. Then all three times flashed up together and Matt won by 2/100's of a second. Ha!

And to cap off my weekend... Beth and I had one heat off during the 100 fly, we were running upstairs to take a picture with Mom and Dad because we realized that all four of us had on the same shirt. As we were rushing up there, we saw Dad heading to the bathroom. We told him that he had to come upstairs because we didn't have much time. As all of this was happening, I was still heading toward the stairs. I was walking backwards and not paying any attention at all. I ran smack into a poll. Dad, Beth, and some totally random guy were all laughing at me. I'd like to say that it came out of no where, but I really can't. I know that place like the back of my hand. Unfortunately, I just wasn't thinking at all. It's okay though, I'm not hurt :)

I also had to say goodbye to the Lam family yesterday. They've been swimming for us forever and they moved to China today. I'm so glad they could swim in one more meet before they left and both Chris and Brandon did a great job. I'm really going to miss them!

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to go hang-out with Sarah. And, for the record, I went over 30 hours without Facebook. See, Nate, I'm not that addicted :)

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Had to comment that this post showed up just as I was finishing reading your last one (good old teddy bear). It was frightening. I'm still trying to get my Mom on the phone to calm me down...

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Well I hope you got a hold of her and she calmed you down. Good ol' calming influences.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I did get a hold of her, and she's painting her bathroom today. Morning ice blue. Just thought you'd like to know... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home