Pretty in Pink

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Landscaping

If any of you have ever been to my house, you know that the landscaping really sucked. The front yard was a disaster. Totally overrun with weeds and crap because the people who lived here before me tried to make less to mow, and it was a disaster. The backyard basically had no grass. It's all clover and stuff. The landscaping isn't horrible, but there were a lot of weeds.

Alright, so there's the background you need. This spring my parents decided it was time to fix all the landscaping. They've been here weeding and pulling out stuff (stumps, trees, clothes lines, etc.) several times. The weekend that I was gone in Chicago, I came home to see that they had cut down a tree in front, put mulch in around plants, and put up a railing on my front steps.

This weekend was more landscaping. We mostly cut down weeds, grape vines, and trees in the backyard and mulched some more. We ripped up ugly landscaping and are now ready to put grass seed down. Bottom line, my parents are amazing and did a ton of work. AND I am no longer embarrassed about how my yard looks. It's still a big dirt pile, but you can tell we're working on it. And it's going to to look SO much better when all is said and done. I'm really excited :)

The Twins game yesterday was another good one. Slowey had a strong outing and we played solid offense and defense. Good ol' Tiny Superhero had the #1 Web Gem last night and was on SportsCenter's Top Plays! Yay! Jason Pear also stole his 16th base. He's got a perfect record going this season.

Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

Cuddly Cuddy had a triple and a 3 run homer. Now that's good offense :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home