Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Save the last dance for me

Today started out much like yesterday. I taught swimming lessons, we took the dogs swimming at the Meyer's house, and we at lunch while watching some TV. But then things got a bit different.

I headed over to Bamber to meet up with Brooke and Laurie. We sorted through boxes and boxes of stuff that we're using next year in Kindergarten. We had to bind handwriting books and alphabet books. We also had to count out different testing packets and some other books and worksheets. We did our fair share of chatting, but we also did get quite a bit done. I think my favorite conversations were about money, dieting, and breast feeding. Haha!

I was suppose to leave there at 6 and go home before meeting Lucy for my first-ever dance lesson. But I didn't leave the school until 6:35. Whoops! It was a very good thing that I decided to change before I went to school!

I should back up the dancing story... I literally almost picked up the phone to call Lucy and tell her I wasn't coming about 10 times today. I was freaking out. I was pretty sure she'd kill me if I did that though, so I didn't. I called Emmalee on my way there and she and Amy gave me a pep talk. I was crying and I felt so sick. But I did make it there...

Lucy showed me the basic movies for East Coast and West Coast Swing. Then we had a lesson, where I learned pretty much what she had just taught me, and then the dance started. I don't really want to go into too much detail, but I had a really good time. There were very few people there, we especially lacked guys, but it was all good. I danced with Lucy a few times, some random guy who insisted on teaching me Fox Trot, and the owner. Dancing with the owner, Fred, was amazing. He taught me more turns and it was really, really fun.

Basically, everyone except me knew that I'd have fun. Lucy asked me a bunch of times if the nervousness was gone. Guess it was pretty obvious. But yeah, I'm really glad I went and I'd love to go dancing again sometime. I am quite thankful that I have friends who know what's good for me, even when I don't.

Onto the Twins game... I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but HELLO OFFENSE! What the heck?

Boyfriends of the Day: Michael Cuddyer & Torii Hunter

They had almost identical stats today. They both hit a home run, had 3 RBIs, and were 3 for 5. Cuddles had 1 run and Hunter had 2, but that's about the only difference I am seeing.

Top 5 Boyfriends of the Day
1 - The Fiance (13)
2 - Cuddles (10)
3 - Tiny Superhero (9)
T4 - Jason Pear & Kubel Khan (6)

Tomorrow's our Council meeting and annual Perkins dinner afterwards. I'm way excited!

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Ms. Fiance and I learned East-Coast Swing (I believe) a year and a half ago, and it's by far our favorite. You can swing to just about anything! We proved that in our class by swinging to YMCA. Crazy!

Next time we're at a dance together, you'll have to show off the new moves. Question is, when?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Um, you could come to Rochester for swing night :)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Rochester? That's like the end of the Universe!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh, come now. It would be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home