Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A sad day for Twins fans

I have to start off by blogging in memory of Luis Castillo. Yesterday, the Twins traded him to the Mets. While GM Terry Ryan has assured fans that we are NOT giving up, it does appear that way to some. I, am not one of those people.

They did little montages of clips of Castillo on the Twins broadcast, on SportsCenter, and on Baseball Tonight. I almost cried. Not that that's a big shock or anything. My two favorite Castillo moments of the season were definitely when he was making fun of someone for sliding (I think it might have been the Fiance, but I can't remember). It was classic Castillo fun! The other is when he hit a triple and slid into third. His reaction was amazing. I will definitely miss him!

A tribute to Luis Castillo from my other favorite Twins fan, Lucy.

RIP Luis "Game Face" Castillo
RIP Luis "Smell Em" Castillo
RIP Luis "Piranha" Castillo

Today is a sad, sad day.

I am sure that the mood in our clubhouse was not the best yesterday. The trade happened only a few hours before the game. It sure appeared that we came out to prove something in that game and that was exciting to watch. We had several players that really stood out to me.

J.J. took over in the lead off spot and went 3 for 4. He scored 2 of our 3 runs. If he hadn't been getting on base, Mauer wouldn't have had anyone to drive in. One of his hits was a triple that was oh, so close to being another homerun. Dang baggy.

Hubby #2 was 2 for 4 and had all 3 of our RBIs. It was really exciting to see some clutch hitting out of him.

The fiance was 2 for 3 with a walk.

And finally...

Boyfriend of the Day: Scott Baker

Nutty pitched 8 complete innings. He allowed only 1 run on 2 hits. Now that is impressive.

Go Twins!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I was quite sad to see Castillo traded. He just seems like the best of the Piranhas. Can you get anymore Twins-baseball-ish than him? Bunting, infield hits, great defense, and a great guy in the club house. Very sad.

Here's hoping Alexi cranks up his game a notch. He's fun to watch, but he still makes a lot of mistakes.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I hear ya! He was pretty much the epitome of Twins baseball. And he is sorely missed.

Casilla is having a rough game tonight. His offense is okay, but defensively. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home